• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Did I do everything to improve phone performance?

noxxtar

Feb 18, 2015
Lets get to the subject. I think you guys are nice and you are all going to answer me with a gentle no, or yes with what can I do. I dont want any side answers.
I owe a Samsung Galaxy Mini 2. Its working just fine and smooth. Before it wasnt. I SLIGHTLY improved my battery performance, by hibernating apps and services while lock screen. 3% per 4 hrs. Yes, it is that good. Of course without being used.
What I did:
1.Rooted my device. I live in UE and bought it from here, so I don't loose warranty by rooting it.
2.Installed a app called Boosters Plus Battery Saver Pro from Gejos Enterprise. I enabled every feature except internet booster (drains battery).Also triple booster n stuff.
3.Installed 360 Launcher. I am very mad because nova doesnt support 2.3.6 Android, and so isnt Google Now. So I had no choice left but to install this.
4.Used battery saving apps, DU Battery with the smart features unlocked, a cell battery repair app.
5.Turned off sync and stuff like that.
6.Used hibernation app while lock screen.

RAM usage before all of those was 80-87 almost everytime. Now RAM usage is just 50%. Is there anything left I can do to improve performance?

On my quad core tablet there was an super powerfull app on market compatible with what i had (4.2.2 android) that was called Root Booster, but it doesnt work on my phone. That app was selecting CPUGOvernor, RAM Heap Size and was hibernating services. Isnt there any app that could do this but supports 2.3.6?

Thanks.

Those "booster" and "optimizer" apps actually do more harm than good, see this thread for a discussion-
http://androidforums.com/threads/pu...ers-ram-optimizers-and-the-like.896663/unread
Reducing RAM use also isn't necessarily a good thing. Android, unlike Windows, works by keeping as many things as possible in RAM and it isn't a bad thing that you need to fix.
Having 2.3 Gingerbread nowadays is somewhat of a limitation as many apps no longer support it, and your phone hardware may also not be up to snuff (slower CPU, less internal memory for storage). So there probably isn't much more you can do.

Reactions: Hadron and EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Changes such as?
Check out "BOOSTERS PLUS BATTERYSAVER PRO"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gejos.android.boostersplusbatterysaverpro

Remember System Tuner and Kernel Tuner, and the dev integrated it into Android Tuner - and then Google went on the Android-name witch hunt and so now it's called "3C Toolbox"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ccc71.at.free

Near as I can tell, the booster in question is performing kernel tuning without exposing the tuned parameters like 3C does.

Doesn't play with killers, not even the OOM minfree settings according to the blurbs.

May not be the issue here - but even though it's not killer snake oil, it could still have undesirable effects for some apps on some phones with some settings.

I promise I know that's true, I've done kernel tuning and kernel tuning testing extensively, as a kernel dev, a member of a rom team, and privately.

It's OK to test with the Booster off or with various settings to see if it's part of the problem here. I'd recommend that for any phone change or update - what worked yesterday tuning a kernel may not work today.

Detuning to use extremely low ram can in some cases slow performance, so check out your settings.

Never run two such tuners - there's no way to know what side effects will occur.

If you want to try to tune parameters yourself instead of the a, b, c choices from the Booster, give 3C a try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones