• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Did I get a bad One?

Hey guys,

This is my first post on this forum and I could not find any threads similar to on my problems.

My phone constantly locks up on me and will not come out of locked mode often. Half the time I go to make calls and it won't connect properly (could be at&t though). The longer I use the phone after an update the more lock ups and problems I have, despite the fact I consistently restart my phone and delete apps.

My biggest problem has been with the SD card. Half the time it will not mount, preventing me from accessing my music and apps. I don't know what to do to fix this. I'm willing to reformat the card but would like to avoid it.

It's beginning to make me think I might have a bad 'One" but because I snowboard and ski a lot the stupid sticker over the screw on my Nexus says void so Idk if I can do anything about it...

J

That little void sticker is only there to let HTC know if the phone case has been removed. It will tear if you try and open it. The moisture indicator is under the battery (little white circle that turns pink if wet).

From what you describe, I would suspect a bad SD card. I don't know if formatting would fix it, but they're not too expensive, either. If it's the card that shipped with the phone and it's still under warranty, then I'd ask HTC to replace it.

Upvote 0
I thought that sticker turned to Void when it was Voided! I just "fixed" it by simply connecting and mounting it to my computer but who knows how long that will last for. I'll give them a call and see what they think about my phone consistently locking up on me.

Thanks for your help
Just throwing it in, are you by any chance using a 3rd party lock screen app that might be conflicting with the stock one? You might want to do a factory reset and see if that works. HTC will ask you to do that anyways, lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones