Different notification ringtones?Support

Last Updated:

1. tp2635

tp2635 Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to have different notification tones for each email account? Also, differnt for a text message and/or VM left?

I am coming a from blackberry where by sound I knew which account recieved an email.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. antnyh

antnyh Well-Known Member

Yes simply go into each email account and then enter into settings. Inside there you will find a notification sound menu item. Enter into it and select your ringtone.

JediZombie and tp2635 like this.
  3. tp2635

tp2635 Member This Topic's Starter

i looked there and have "general settings", incoming and outgoing server and other settings. i dont see any option for ringtone in any of these?

4. behemoth

behemoth Member

I know to set up a different ring tone for GMail, open the GMail widget, then click the home button and choose settings. You can change the default ringtone there. Not sure about other types of accounts.

tp2635 likes this.
  5. antnyh

antnyh Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is the same for all mail services. Go all the way into your email...until you are at the screen were all your mail is at, the inbox. As the previous poster said, then click the home button, the button w/four squares on it. Select settings. In there you should see a notification option. Click it and set the ringtone.

tp2635 likes this.
  6. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Well-Known Member

That's the "Menu" button....

(not the home button)