• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Direct Connect to Camera by USB - how to change default "Import" folder location?

Lurker
Jan 10, 2012
I have the Samsung USB connector. When I connect my digital camera to the Note 10.1 it will only transfer photos from the camera to the Gallery app into a folder that it creates called "Imported" and the Gallery app will only store on the internal SD card. I would like to have the photos transferred directly to a DCIM folder on my external SD card. I cannot find any way to change the default directory for Gallery when using the USB connector and a camera. :(

Any ideas?

That will not work when directly connected to the camera. The camera is not recognized as a "drive" and does not show up in a file manager. The camera connection automatically opens Gallery and that is the only app that will interact with the camera. If the SD card is removed from the camera and put into a card reader plugged into the USB connector, the card will show up on as a "drive" and then can be opened with a file manager. But the idea is to not have to do anything except plug the camera in directly. There must be a way to have gallery import to an external SD.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones