• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disable alarm clock snooze

JLM

Mar 21, 2011
Does anyone know how to disable the stock alarm clock snooze or an alarm clock app that has the ability to disable it? The stock snooze can only be set to a minimum time of 5 min.

I ask because i don't use snooze; I just end up laying there waiting for it to go off. I'm not one of those people that can fall right back to sleep. So, when I screw up and hit the screen by mistake, rather than slide the bar to dismiss the alarm, I have to wait for the snooze to go off so I don't wake up my wife...either that or mess around with turning off the alarm setting and then turning it back on, or take it in the bathroom with me to turn off the snooze when it goes off.

Thanks.

Does anyone know how to disable the stock alarm clock snooze or an alarm clock app that has the ability to disable it? The stock snooze can only be set to a minimum time of 5 min.

I ask because i don't use snooze; I just end up laying there waiting for it to go off. I'm not one of those people that can fall right back to sleep. So, when I screw up and hit the screen by mistake, rather than slide the bar to dismiss the alarm, I have to wait for the snooze to go off so I don't wake up my wife...either that or mess around with turning off the alarm setting and then turning it back on, or take it in the bathroom with me to turn off the snooze when it goes off.

Thanks.

I use Alarm Clock XTreme. I believe it does what you are looking for. I am not familiar with your phone, but someone who is may be able to point you the settings you desire.

Upvote 0
I don't see a way to turn it off just to change the duration of how long. go into your alarm hit menu then go into the settings and check out the snooze duration. You can change it to 30 mins so maybe that'll be enough time so when you do get up you can just turn the alarm off. Maybe someone knows if there's a way to turn it off...

Upvote 0
once snoozed you can turn it off by pulling down the top bar (ongoing) & cancelling the alarm.

That works for me too.

If you're looking to disable the ability to snooze that alarm in the stock app, and have (or buy) Tasker, you could use it to display a Scene (a new Tasker feature) that would block input to all but the slider on the bottom of the screen.

Note: I've done little work with Scenes, but I *think* this would work.

Upvote 0
I have had problems with the accidently hitting snooze instead of sliding to dismiss, who can focus that much after just waking up.
I discovered that in the Clock/Timer settings, there is an option for Side Button Behavior. I have it set to Dismiss (I think that might have been the default), so now I just hit the Volume Rocker to dismiss the alarm instead of trying to slide.
I know it doesn't answer the op's question, but maybe this will help.

Reactions: kickbutkuss
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones