Disable Email from updating?General

Last Updated:

1. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Well-Known Member

I use the official Gmail and Yahoo email apps, NOT the stock mail app. How do I stop it from checking email so I use less battery from the data being downloaded? I don't see that option on either app, and I really don't like the stock app, because it won't sync folders I make and it doesn't do what I like and am used to.

Advertisement
  2. joshdodge96

joshdodge96 Member

If you have Titanium Backup or Root Browser (android apps) then you can easily just delete the .apk file of the Email client...
  3. pwned

pwned Well-Known Member

Go to settings-accounts and from there you should be able to disable sync. You can also turn the always on mobile data off, saves lots of battery without disabling data
  4. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

It shouldn't sync if you don't set up your account through it.
  5. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Well-Known Member

I downloaded juice defender, and set it on aggressive mode, then set it to turn on data to check email every 30 minutes. This shuts off data except for the every 30 minutes part when my screen is off, so that's nice. The only thing I'm not sure about is if mms comes through without opening it or not. Otherwise, it seems to give me what I wanted, having data off without stopping emails from being received.