• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disable Gmail threaded conversations?

daytona

Oct 30, 2009
Is it possible to disable threaded conversations in gmail on the droid? I'm surprised i havent found anything on this yet - emails of information for non-related clients are grouped together because they come from the same source, making it very easy to miss new important emails since they dont appear at the top. Also, it's impossible to erase all the unnecessary emails without also deleting the few important ones.

I didnt care about this on my iphone b/c the new emails just came in normally - at the top of the inbox. I've overlooked several new emails b/c of this.
thanks in advance.

Is it possible to disable threaded conversations in gmail on the droid? I'm surprised i havent found anything on this yet - emails of information for non-related clients are grouped together because they come from the same source, making it very easy to miss new important emails since they dont appear at the top. Also, it's impossible to erase all the unnecessary emails without also deleting the few important ones.

I didnt care about this on my iphone b/c the new emails just came in normally - at the top of the inbox. I've overlooked several new emails b/c of this.
thanks in advance.

Considering that's one of the main, marketed, innovative features of gmail, probably not. They don't even let you do that on the web version.

Upvote 0

thanks in advance.

Though I fully agree with punkzanyj...that threaded email is one of the primary reasons to have Gmail, after you view the first message in any thread the thread topic "should" still be bolded, indicating there are still new messages behind it (if there are any).

Only other way is to just setup a Gmail IMAP account with Android mail, which will show all messages linearly, but then you lose all the other features of Gmail (stars, labels, etc.).

Upvote 0
Though I fully agree with punkzanyj...that threaded email is one of the primary reasons to have Gmail, after you view the first message in any thread the thread topic "should" still be bolded, indicating there are still new messages behind it (if there are any).

Only other way is to just setup a Gmail IMAP account with Android mail, which will show all messages linearly, but then you lose all the other features of Gmail (stars, labels, etc.).

ah - didnt think of that. i'll give that a try. I may be old school in not liking the threaded conversations, but it does annoy me.
thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones