• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disable notification pop up

spman

Android Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2013
I followed the guide below to disable notification pop up for a single app in Samsung and it works.

How to disable every app notification pop up without repeating the steps in the guide for every app? (set once and disable popup for every app)

Thanks

-----
One UI 5: How To Manage Notification Types In Samsung
Into the ‘Home Screen’;
Tap on hold an ‘Application’;
Tap on ‘i’ icon on your app pop-up menu;
Now go into ‘Notifications’ option;
You can select notification type – Lock Screen, Badge, or Pop-up;
You can also allowed or not allowed the notification type.
source https://samlover.com/2022/08/12/one-ui-5-how-to-manage-notification-types-on-samsung-galaxy-device/

I don't think it's possible without turning on Do Not Disturb forever and adding in any 'exception' as an app within those settings. It's frustrating especially when all modern phones make sound for even the most insignificant notification. I mean, I only need sound and pop-ups for calls, texts and email. That's it. Nothing more. But today, modern phones make sound for something as innocuous as a tweet, or a news article, or even something as stupid as the 'Google Assistant is listening' or 'Bixby Voice is turned on' or 'Configuration update is downloading in the background.'

Even worse, is that turning each of the hundreds of notifications off to get a sense of what life was like in 2010 is like pulling weeds. Just when you think you got 'em all, another pops up! It can take days to get rid of all the useless notifications and unfortunately many cannot be turned off (such as the one asking you to add a Samsung Account!). This and many other reasons are why I use a bare bones Android-based flip phone that ONLY makes sound for texts and calls as that's all it does.

TL;DR: using Do Not Disturb 24/7, adding apps you want notifications from as 'exemptions' is the easiest way to get rid of this problem. Not optimal, but thank Google for making life far more complicated than it needs to be.

Reactions: spman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones