• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disabling emrgency call

Sorry, but your advice is invalid.

The problem is: when you lock the screen, the ONLY thing it can do is call 911. And you don't actually have to type in 9-1-1-call... you just push anything on the screen, and it automatically fills in the 9-1-1, and then you just have to hit the green call button. So if your pocket accidentally hits the screen twice, you've called 911.

So bottom line: this is actually only a problem IF you have your screen locked. If your screen is not locked, then it doesn't call 911 automatically.

Upvote 0
Hi

I just got my LG shine a week ago, and been loving it so far.

I see what you're talking about.

Have you noticed that there are TWO WAYS of locking your phone?

One is to use the "pattern lock" and the other is to simply slide.

When my phone is locked using "Slide-lock," I was not able to see the emergency button I was looking for. (Yes, I looked for it because I have to know where it is before taking any cautions.)

However, when I switched to "pattern-lock." I could see the emergency button at the bottom, seducing me to touch it with its elegant red color :p

So, is your phone in "slide-lock" mode or "pattern-lock" mode?

P.S. I have my own problem. Has anyone had a problem of the screen not timing out after the set amount of seconds?? After 15 sec, 30sec, or even 1 min (I checked the option and set it up as 15 sec), I can still see a picture of cute cat (my background) on the screen. I still see it now..
Why is it not going black???? It's draining my batter even at the moment I'm posting this..

Upvote 0
Greetings, all.

I have a student with an LG Shine Plus, and she keeps pocket-dialing 911. Needless to say, this is a problem. Is there a way to disable the emergency dial button?

YES THERE IS! i had the same issue

simple...your student has her lock out screen set up so that she uses a fancy patern...tell her to go back to her settings and change it back to the simple slide bar and this issue will simply go away!
i had called my service provide many times about this spoke with lg them selves and finaly found this out...

i havent pocket dialed 911 since i changed it back.

Reactions: MisterPuzzler
Upvote 0
if that doesnt fix this issue then there is one other way and i would not recommend it but non the less its an option.

the service provider can manually block the 911 number from being dialed from her phone...i was given this option but turned it down due to the fact that i would like to be able to dial 911 when needed..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones