• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disappearing icons on Android

Hi, I have an HTC one S I got throug T-Mobile. It runs Android 4.0.3, and HTC Sense 4.0. I do not use HTC's fastboot. What bothers me is that almost each time I switch that phone on, I have some icons missing from my panels, anywhere from only 1 to up to 8 icons are gone, replaced by generic little green "Android" robots. The only way to get them back I found is rather tedious: I got to settings->applications->HTC Sense->force stop. which restarts Sense and returns my icons back on my panels. My questions are: a) is there a fix to this very annoying bug? b) if not, is there a faster way to get my icons back? I am posting this here because a friend told me that this is a generic Android problem not something linked to HTC or Sense. Thanks! Crot

Nope, this is an HTC One S which does not even have an SD card.

Yes, I know because I have the One X which also hasn't a SD card :)

But the One's phone/file storage is similar to a SD card.
I'm able to force apps from to internal/app storage to the phone/file storage for to free internal storage.

Edit:
Have a look at Settings, Apps ... where these apps whose icons disapear are placed.

Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones