• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Display battery usage

parkschr

Android Enthusiast
Apr 26, 2010
Ohio
Since the GB update, my display battery usage has gone up considerably. It's at 52%. Any ideas of why it is so high? Is this normal?

No animation, brightness has always been at auto, screen timeout has always been 1 minute. I even tried setting the brightness about 1/3 of the way. It still was the highest battery use.

Since the GB update, my display battery usage has gone up considerably. It's at 52%. Any ideas of why it is so high? Is this normal?

No animation, brightness has always been at auto, screen timeout has always been 1 minute. I even tried setting the brightness about 1/3 of the way. It still was the highest battery use.

Your display percentage has gone up because everything else has gone down.

The screen is a mostly stable/constant battery drainer, whereas the apps/services battery use can fluctuate. Process handling improved with GB (improving battery life), so percentage wise the display uses up more, but is still the the same amount of battery use when it comes to actual consumption.

Reactions: parkschr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones