• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do I need Tasker (if I have Timeriffic)?

It depends on what you want to do. If you just want to make simple changes to your settings depending on the time/day, then timeriffic is fine. I used it for a long time, and it's a good app. If you want automation that depends on calendar appointments, orientation of the phone, location, sender of a text message, etc, then Tasker is what you are after.

Bought Tasker so that my settings could respond to my calendar. I, with regret, uninstalled Timeriffic after that because it was redundant. I've found other uses for Tasker since, but there are plenty of threads about that :)

Reactions: swb9
Upvote 0
What Timeriffic can do is a subset of of what Tasker can do. It's sort of like the Flash and Superman.

The Flash can run fast, and that's about it. Superman can run fast, have X-ray vision, fly, be invincible, etc.

Timeriffic can have time-based triggered events. Tasker can have time-based, location-based, event-based, state-based triggered events.

Reactions: swb9
Upvote 0
As part of the Timeriffic team...thought I would weigh in.

Timeriffic was designed to help save your battery life and control the audio using a timer. The premise was simple and goal has never changed. There are many apps that can do more, but simplicity was our goal from day 1.

Happy to answer any further questions. Thanks for even asking the question.

Upvote 0
As part of the Timeriffic team...thought I would weigh in.

Timeriffic was designed to help save your battery life and control the audio using a timer. The premise was simple and goal has never changed. There are many apps that can do more, but simplicity was our goal from day 1.

Happy to answer any further questions. Thanks for even asking the question.

As a recent Android convert and Timeriffic user, I have found Timeriffic to be excellent. It does exactly what it says, easily, smoothly and transparently - one of the most useful apps that I have!

Dan

Reactions: swb9 and dkaufman1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones