• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do I need to exchange my Droid?

TheGr81

Nov 11, 2009
People constantly complain that they cannot hear me when I am on phone calls with my Droid. I have never had this problem with other phones on Verizon. Using speaker phone seems to be even worse. Is this something that would be fixed with a new (refurbished) Droid or should I dump this thing and go back to a Blackberry?

People constantly complain that they cannot hear me when I am on phone calls with my Droid. I have never had this problem with other phones on Verizon. Using speaker phone seems to be even worse. Is this something that would be fixed with a new (refurbished) Droid or should I dump this thing and go back to a Blackberry?

Blackberry is a diseased chimp at a run-down zoo compared to the Droid.

Get a refurb. They're tested much more than the new assembly line ones and you most definitely (probably and/or most likely) will not have any more audio issues. When I make a call, the ringing in the earpiece is a little screwy, but the voice is crystal clear and loud. I think you just got a bad apple.

Upvote 0
When my buddy bought his droid a month before me he complained about people not being able to hear him. Finally, I asked him how he was holding the phone. He told me that he was holding it to his ear with his shoulder in between his neck because his hands were occupied with a ps3 controller...

So if you are holding it at an "odd" angle I would hold it more like a normal phone, with your hands. This is a long shot but if it solves your problem then I'm glad to help.

The speaker phone on the Droid is not great, nothing we can do there.

Upvote 0
Do you have a case on? My sister had the same problem till I showed her that the top frame was on upside down and the little hole for the microphone was not where it was supposed to be.

Upvote 0
I have noticed that the Droid's microphone is very pick about how you direct it towards your mouth but that doesn't explain the constant problems I am having nor the issue with the speakerphone. I do have the snap on gel case from Verizon but I am sure that I had it on correctly. I will try using it with the case off for a while again and see if it helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones