Do I not have an FM Tuner???Support

1. pinkybrain

pinkybrain Well-Known Member

I thought the S2 had an FM Radio Tuner but I can find it under my apps. Can anyone help?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't have one. I'm not sure if any of the US carrier GS2's have it but I know Tmo doesn't.
  3. John Jason

John Jason Well-Known Member

The chip was deleted for the SGS2 on all of the US carriers. I suspect the reason was to make room for the NFC chip, which is absent on the SGS2 sold outside of North America. But that's just a WAG.
    Atma likes this.
  4. puchasr

puchasr Active Member

5. sleedeane

sleedeane Well-Known Member

"Tune-in" is a pretty good fm tuner app you can download from the play store.
    Atma likes this.
  6. OrlandoFL

OrlandoFL Active Member

The iHeartRadio app or a local radio station's app may suffice.
  7. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

I think the only reason for wanting the actual fm over any playstore app is the data usage the streaming music would have.
    Depends on your plan I guess.
  8. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

+1 to that

I've got the pro version, definitely no complaints from me :thumbup:
  9. John Jason

John Jason Well-Known Member

I have the basic version of TuneIn Radio, and it's pretty good. I even figured out how to arrange the order of my favorites.

But there is one place where TuneIn Radio and any other streaming app will fail compared to a real over the air radio broadcast: Cutting out. TuneIn Radio buffers the stream, but only for a max of 30 seconds. And that means that for the first 15-20 seconds after you connect you will hear nothing. With an over-the-air FM broadcast I can listen immediately and the sound never cuts out.

Sometimes older technology is better.