• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do these cables work? HDMI to VGA/RCA

350X

Android Expert
Jan 3, 2012
NWOhio
www1.virginmobileusa.com
not only have I been burned, but I see allot of bad review that these cable are all fake and don't work, if it cost $5 or $50 don't but one.

one I got for $5 doesn't work at all either, and I wonder is it even possible for this cable to work if I find the right seller?

trying to hook my tablet up to a monitor via VGA port, but the RCA port didn't work either.

mKwIsxte5LtgnkvxZY3teng.jpg

HDMI to VGA and HDMI to DVI do work.

Both VGA and DVI are both devices capable of supporting 1920x1080 (or higher) resolutions.

It's just digital vs analog at that point. And really, after working with both....Well...it's not that bad. (Though funny thing: There is an ad on the page for a VGA to HDMI converter xD Prophetic....)

Of course...something worth mentioning....Straight VGA will not carry audio....Nor will DVI...

So you might want to look into a box that has a VGA and audio inputs that can output to HDMI, or something like that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones