Do these cables work? HDMI to VGA/RCA

1. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

not only have I been burned, but I see allot of bad review that these cable are all fake and don't work, if it cost $5 or $50 don't but one.

one I got for $5 doesn't work at all either, and I wonder is it even possible for this cable to work if I find the right seller?

trying to hook my tablet up to a monitor via VGA port, but the RCA port didn't work either.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
  2. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

I found this type that is just HDMI to VGA, notice it has a big hunk of extra stuff to do the video conversion.

[​IMG]
  3. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase Guide

HDMI to VGA and HDMI to DVI do work.

Both VGA and DVI are both devices capable of supporting 1920x1080 (or higher) resolutions.

It's just digital vs analog at that point. And really, after working with both....Well...it's not that bad. (Though funny thing: There is an ad on the page for a VGA to HDMI converter xD Prophetic....)

Of course...something worth mentioning....Straight VGA will not carry audio....Nor will DVI...

So you might want to look into a box that has a VGA and audio inputs that can output to HDMI, or something like that.
  4. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

I only need video, I have a powered 3 piece PC system to hook to the tablet for sound.
  5. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase Guide

Oh, since you have a sound system thing, you'll be fine. I Just like to warn everyone ;)
  6. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

Well I just hope it works, already wasted $5 on that other cable, here goes another $10,

went with this one for the mini HDMI so I didn't need an adapter

http://bit.ly/TyLrSG
  7. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

it works ;)