• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

do you think there is really going to be lines on friday before opening?

My Sprint store said they expect people to be camping out. I have no idea how many phones each store is getting but there are 3 main stores here in Kentucky and one right across the bridge in Indiana. I preordered through EVP so I am not worried butI bet there is a line at the stores. I heard there opening early. I hope they make a big hype about it and that it's on the news and everything. I hope lots of people are waiting in line and that everyone gets there EVO. LOL!

Upvote 0
depends per store... their pre-order number before launch will determine the shipment size... if only one pre-order, expect only 4-5 devices total, if 15-20 pre- orders expect just enough to give everyone a phone that pre- ordered... either

now if your talking sprint... i'd say 5 for suburb stores and 10-15 MAYBE for city stores depending on footprint region and popularity... for example im sure Dallas Sprint stores IN THE CITY will get some of the largest shipments to sprint stores nationwide just because sprint has such a HUGE footprint here in dallas texas area, so they will have to serve the masses

Do you really think the Sprint Stores will get so few? When I checked at BB almost 2 weeks ago, they said they already had more than 60 pre-orders. I don't see Sprint letting the 3rd party retailers outsell them. I'm sure they'd want to have plenty in stock for all the people who didn't pre-order and are going to buy at Sprint. I'm kinda basing this off my experience with the Pre last year, so I could be wrong, because I know that was different.....there weren't any pre-orders. But I was first in line and there were about 40 people behind me and before we went in, they said they had enough for everyone.

Upvote 0
I plan on waiting in line. I just dont know how early I should go. The Bestbuy and Sams Club locations here aren't selling Sprint at all, so that leaves RS and the retail stores. The closest retail store to me is going to open only a hour earlier than usual. The rep told me to check the night before to see how many they're going to have for consumers. Supposedly, a lot of the stock is going to business customers. If he indicates more than 25 will be available, I wont bother waiting in line.

In any case, the earliest I'll head down would be a hour before opening.

Upvote 0
If you didnt pre-order I BET you wont get one. This phone is in HIGH demand. I pre-ordered at BB on the 15th, and got an appointment for 8am on Friday morning. I will get there at 8am but am expecting there to be a line which wont affect me. All the best buys in IL stopped their first batch of pre-orders and put people onto a 2nd round with an expected delivery date of the 9th. look all around, all the forums are buzzing.

get your sleeping bags ready..... lol

Upvote 0
well although i'm pre-ordered... i don't like having the 3rd apt time at BB so ill prob get there when the doors open and snag it then there is no way they need a half hour to do the first person... ALONE... AT 8AM!!!!!! that ONE person will be the ONLY customer, i'm sure the other 4 mobile employees can handle getting my phone early to me

I'm a BBYM employee and I think you might be disappointed if you try that. We are not opening at 8, we are allowing people who have appointments before store hours to come in and get their phone then. The store will not be open to the general public. You can't just walk into the store, they'll look for people with the proper appointment times to be let in early.

Upvote 0
I'm a BBYM employee and I think you might be disappointed if you try that. We are not opening at 8, we are allowing people who have appointments before store hours to come in and get their phone then. The store will not be open to the general public. You can't just walk into the store, they'll look for people with the proper appointment times to be let in early.

ok i got a 430 apt. at my bb but they said i can come in wen ever as long as there open even as soon as they open is this true

Upvote 0
Does anyone have any experience with a BB that doesn't set an appointment, or am I missing something? Did you have to call them for the appointment? I was the 1st pre-order, but have heard nothing from the store. I can give them a call to verify. It really doesn't make sense for me to camp out when I pre-ordered.

My local Best Buy isn't doing appointments, but they think they're opening at 8:00 am. I guess I'll just get there early and hope for the best.

Upvote 0
So the OP asked if there would be lines. I can't see how there would be too many folks camping out at a Sprint store as anyone that motivated would have pre-ordered at either Best Buy of RS.

I don't see THAT many folks like me, who have a Hero to turn back so must use Sprint store. Unless there is a mass of people who have just suddenly learned about the phone and missed the pre-order window.

I was at the Sprint Store a few days ago and had great long talk with the guy there. I asked him for his gut, trying to decide how early to get there. He did say, just based from the number of questions he has gotten, and foot traffic in store, he thinks this will be bigger than the Pre last year. And he said they had no one camping out at his store last year. But he did point out that there is a Starbucks right next door LOL.

Upvote 0
So the OP asked if there would be lines. I can't see how there would be too many folks camping out at a Sprint store as anyone that motivated would have pre-ordered at either Best Buy of RS.

I don't see THAT many folks like me, who have a Hero to turn back so must use Sprint store. Unless there is a mass of people who have just suddenly learned about the phone and missed the pre-order window.

I was at the Sprint Store a few days ago and had great long talk with the guy there. I asked him for his gut, trying to decide how early to get there. He did say, just based from the number of questions he has gotten, and foot traffic in store, he thinks this will be bigger than the Pre last year. And he said they had no one camping out at his store last year. But he did point out that there is a Starbucks right next door LOL.

this post FTW! lol hahahha

Upvote 0
Do you really think the Sprint Stores will get so few? When I checked at BB almost 2 weeks ago, they said they already had more than 60 pre-orders. I don't see Sprint letting the 3rd party retailers outsell them. I'm sure they'd want to have plenty in stock for all the people who didn't pre-order and are going to buy at Sprint. I'm kinda basing this off my experience with the Pre last year, so I could be wrong, because I know that was different.....there weren't any pre-orders. But I was first in line and there were about 40 people behind me and before we went in, they said they had enough for everyone.

I read somewhere on here that 30% of the EVO stock was for third-party retailers at launch, giving 70% to Sprint stores (and maybe tele-sales I suppose). If that is true, I'd say Sprint stores will have plenty. Sure some will sell out, but even if they do, I'd doubt it would be before later afternoon/end of the day.

I got to my Sprint store at about 4am for the Pre launch last year and, yeah, there was about 20 of us in line when they opened, but even if I didn't get their early, I would have gotten one if I had gone at any point in the morning.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones