1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

"Documents To Go" upgrade Price

Last Updated:

1. gww528

gww528 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Install & register the Free version of "Documents To Go" (no editing with the free version) with DataViz. Then check your on-line account with DataViz and there will be an offer to upgrade the Free Version to the Full Version for $9.99. Android Market price is $14.99 save $5. :)

Advertisement
  2. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member

I think they do this from time to time and not open to everyone. I got an email about a month ago with the same upgrade discount, but others couldn't get the same price for some reason.

3. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

A good tip! That's what I did too...

4. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Well-Known Member

How is the app? I have a free version of QuickOffice which displays all formats (so the D2G limitation of only showing Word and Excel is a non issue for me)... But my version of QuickOffice does not allow document creation...

Do you find it useful to create and edit documents on your Droid? I have not found the need yet...but at $9.99, it's a hard price to say no to...especially since it gets such good reviews in general...

5. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

^is document creation the only difference?

6. MikeekiM

No, it also adds viewing capability for PowerPoint and PDF files... But I already get that from QuickOffice...so while it is a benefit for others, it's not something that I would directly benefit from...

The main difference for me is the ability to create and edit...

I am not looking at the full datasheet on the product though...there are probably other detailed features that I am missing...but at the high level, that's the big difference...

7. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

So you can edit/write/save/ect in Quickoffice?

I use it and love it. I've paid for it on my,

Palm Centro
    Blackberry 8330
    HTC Hero
    HTC EVO

I use it that much! I do a lot of spreadsheets for work so it's nice to be able to edit them via the phone. Some naysayers claim that you can't use eleventybillion cool fonts and make borders and blah blah, I'm not using this to win a spreadsheet beauty contest! I need it for practical uses and it does that great!!!

I do a little in the Word part but not near as much. Again, it does what I need it to do.

8. MikeekiM

Ah...here it is... I am looking at the Marketplace now... Here are the things that paid for version has on top of Word/Excel viewing:

• Editing
    • Adobe PDF
    • MS PowerPoint
    • Save & Send Changes
    • View & Update Charts
    • Zoom & Format
    • Password Protection

So for me...the big difference remains the ability to create and edit... :)

9. phobos512

phobos512 New Member

Thanks for posting this, worked for me. ;) Said that the sale at $9.99 is through 13 July 2010. Also, you have to pay online (can't pay through your Google account and I imagine there's no refund ability as a result of this, but that's OK by me as I need this anyway).

10. gww528

I tried both QuickOffice & Documents to Go & DTG has cut, copy & Paste. The spreed sheet functions work more like a true Excel sheet should.

11. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

Which Office app do most people like more? I took a look at the Quickoffice suite and it seems nice also. The cost is $15.

The really neat thing about Quickoffice is that it syncs automatically with your Dropbox. (Google

12. gww528

You can use Documents to Go & DropBox together using the DropBox app.

unplugged1 likes this.
  13. applejosh

applejosh Active Member

I don't know about QuickOffice for Android, but on iPhone you had to register for the QuickOffice Connect services (those that let you upload to Dropbox, GoogleDocs, etc.) and let them handle the logons. I didn't particularly like that, but mostly I ran into issues with the connections not always working (especially the GoogleDocs), and I wasn't thrilled with the tech support from them. The DTG on iPhone sync to online services worked flawlessly (although I don't know if that exists on the Android version yet). Plus, on Palm, DTG worked the best for me. Didn't like their upgrade practices back then, though.

But take all that with a grain of salt as I haven't looked into either for Android. Just using my new phone as a personal "toy" more than anything at the moment.

unplugged1 likes this.
  14. opelikamike

opelikamike Member

I have Docs to Go on my Palm Treo 755P I bought several years ago. Will that purchase enable me to get the Android version of DTG or do I need to purchase anew?

Thanks,

15. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

I know this is straying afield from the OP's discount note, but does anyone know whether either Office program allows Powerpoint viewing via the HDMI cable? (I'll start a new thread, or actually search if I have any other questions.)

16. beastman59

beastman59 New Member

17. beastman59

beastman59 New Member

Need to purchase it new, but it is currently on sale. Install the FREE version from the market, register it, and you'll see a message to register it for $9.99. Also by getting the full version from Dataviz, you'll only need one app instead of two (like you do if you buy the full version at the Market).

Documents To Go for Android Smartphones: What's New?