Does factory reset wipe the SD card?

1. mmarti16

mmarti16 Well-Known Member

Ok, I did a quick search but can't find the answer. I did a factory reset and my dumb azz forgot to delete the SD card first. Does the reset wipe it also? I am going to sell my droid since I have a droid X. Sorry for a stupid question it its been posted.

Advertisement
  2. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

No, a factory reset wipe clears the internal data/cache. It doesn't do anything to the SD card.
    mmarti16 likes this.
  3. mmarti16

ok, I assume i could install it into my X and mount/wipe?
  4. skilaufen

skilaufen Well-Known Member

If you want to wipe your SD card then yes put it into your X and format it. That will wipe everything off the card.
  5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

You COULD, but if you mount the SD card and then tell it to wipe the SD card, then you will have nothing left on your SD card. Is that what you're talking about doing?
  6. Alyianna

Alyianna Well-Known Member

Why not just swap the SD cards? Put the one in your Droid into the X and the one in the X into the droid? Wouldn't that work? Then you could keep all your stuff on your current card.
  7. mmarti16

My droid is only two months old and I don't have much on it...I did wipe the card by swapping into my X.
  8. mmarti16

yes, I am selling the droid. I now have the droid X.
  9. washwords

washwords Member

I did a hard reset. we unmounted and took out the SD card before we reset. I put it back and now Droid (not my PC) doesn't recognize the SD card at all. What to do? Are my pictures lost?
  10. timhow

timhow Member

First thing I would try is putting the SD card back in the Droid and then do another reset.

If that didn't work, I'd copy all of the contents of the SD card over to the computer. Then put the card back in the Droid and format. Then copy the contents from the SD backup on the computer back onto the newly formatted card.
  11. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Well-Known Member

Try reboot?
  12. Whoosh13

Whoosh13 New Member

okay, i have a galaxy s i9000, and I have used Titanium Backup to backup apps, app data, and system data. However, it backed up all the data to my Internal SD card. I know my factory reset wont delete things on my external SD card, but will it delete stuff from my Internal SD Card? If so, how do I backup the Titanium backups from internal sd to external sd.
    Also, after the factory reset I would like to restore only the Apps that i installed myself, and only the app data, NOT the system settings that I backed up just in case they bring back the problems that i hoped would be deleted from the reset, so is there any way I could tell Titanium backup to restore my apps and app data and NOT the system data?