• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

does hero come with micro sd card

You should know, if it is. 16 Gb flashcard is max. I bought the fastest micro sdhc I could find, 16 Gb from sandisk. There follows an usb-adapter, so you can use the old 2 Gb as a tiny usb-key. It is so small that it can be smugled into any prison in the ear, per example. Note that there are directories and a pdf-manual on the 2 Gb card from htc, some mp3-samples too.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
normally it ships with 2gb... dont know the class of it

it will accept 32gb max! Cant be found anywhere yet!

all apps are stored internal memory and your personal data can be stored on SD card.
the faster the card (ie. class 6) the better for your reaction time.

Only you can answer if 2gb is enough, or what size your want to put in!

You can create a Swap fine to help move some apps to the SD card, but that requires you:
- Root your phone
- load a custom ROM (ie.. MoDaco)
- Setup Apps2sd program
- there will be 3 partitions on your SDcard:
1. for your data
2. for memory management by android for running apps
3. for swap storage of loaded apps, which android will decided how to use it
*** this is still debated as to the benefits and performance you might or might not get from creating a Swap file.

if interested.. do a little search.. and you will find tons of guides and information!

Upvote 0
You can create a Swap fine to help move some apps to the SD card

A swap file/partition doesn't have anything to do with Apps2SD. ;)

there will be 3 partitions on your SDcard:
1. for your data
2. for memory management by android for running apps
3. for swap storage of loaded apps, which android will decided how to use it
Not quite.

A FAT32 partition is always required on the SD card for user data. If using Apps2SD then a second ext2/3/4 partition is required for that i.e. to install the apps to. A third linux-swap partition is required if using a swap partition. If using a swap file then no additional partition is needed.

@OP: my Hero shipped with a 2GB Transcend card. It's unmarked so presumably Class 2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones