• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does it make a difference where I buy from? Is this the right phone for me?

Chango99

Jun 1, 2010
It seems every website has the wait time for the phone, 2-3 weeks, so would it make a difference where I bought from?

Verizon is 200$ it seems, amazon at 150$, and newegg 150$. From what I've heard, ordering through verizon and newegg will tax me as I am in CA, but going through the last step before check out with a no contract droid, it seems I wasn't getting taxed at all through Amazon. This seems like the best option should I decide to wait for the phone, plus I'd be buying accessories off Amazon too.

I'm not sure what other websites there are...

About a week ago my best buy had it in stock but I didn't bite yet, now they have it on reserve o_O. I'm like number 7 on the list, but they don't expect shipment for a week. Still though, it seems best buy would be my FASTEST option, but buying through them would be 200$ plus about 50$ tax.

How will support be if I don't order straight from verizon themselves?

Lastly, I kind of enjoy being somewhat "unique". I had an iPhone 3G first day it came out, and I was in high school. No one I knew had it for a while, not until a year later did I see some people start getting it. I hit college and a ton of people had it with their damn tri-tone text ringtone and generic call ringtone (I at least changed the unrestricted one). Really made me despise me phone.

That said, what do you all think? Will the HTC Dinc be popular amongst UC Berkeley students or will they stick to their fad apple iPhones?

I would say just go with the cheapest option because I would value $150 more than having an Incredible for a week longer.

However, I don't understand why you wouldn't want the Incredible to become hugely popular. If it did there would be tons of developer support and the Android platform, and Market would expand. It would be great. Plus, you can say you had it first if that's your sort of thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones