Does other captivates take forever too boot?Support

Last Updated:

1. shark974

shark974 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mine seems to take quite a long time, after going through all the ATT splash screens too.

It takes a long time to be actually usuable and "alert". I swear it does the media scanning thing 5 times too. Very annoying! I know for sure it goes through media scanning at least twice. I thought JH7 update was supposed to fix this?

I honestly think my Windows 7 DESKTOP might boot faster. Is this normal?

Advertisement
  2. SuperAkuma

SuperAkuma Well-Known Member

Compared to my bb it is quick or maybe I got used to it since I reboot about twice a day.

3. Emcnelly

Emcnelly Member

Well with what experience i have with boots i find that it can sometimes have a almost scary long boot and then the next might be amazingly fast its nothing to worry about just seems random. Also it seems to take longer after you use the recovery for different things or use a program such as OCLF that does significant changes to the phone.

4. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Yes, it takes a long time to boot.

But if you're rebooting so often that this is a problem, your issues lie elsewhere. I can't remember the last time I rebooted.

5. SuperAkuma

SuperAkuma Well-Known Member

Just to clearly I reboot because I change my battery when I get home from work because I use my phone A LOT and I can't get a full day worth without changing the battery.

6. fldude99

fldude99 Well-Known Member

I also reboot due to swapping batteries every day or two-the boot time seems to get longer the more stuff that is on the device