• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Does pretty much everyone have an extended battery?

flyinjoe13

Android Enthusiast
May 18, 2010
Based on everything i've read about the Incredible, the stock battery life is terrible. I know there are quite a few options for extended batteries, but I have read mixed feelings, especially about the 3500 ones. A lot of people say that over a short period of time, the battery starts to hold less and less charge. I know that happens with all recharge batteries, but some people said it happened too quickly with theirs. Anyone with a 3500 rechargable like to give their opinion of the battery over time?

I also saw that HTC has a 2150 extended battery. Seems like a nice compromise betweent the stock 1300 and 3500 extended. Anyone have any experience with it? Or would it be better just to get the 3500 if i'm willing to use a battery that addds bulk to the back of the phone?

Just want to get some opinions on battery upgrades. Thanks.....

Depends on what you consider to be extended. Since the phone comes with a 1300 mAh battery, you can make the argument that the OEM 1500 is an extended battery. Seidio's 1750 and Amzer's 1800 offer performance equal to or slightly less than the OEM 1500, if Battery Boss is to be believed.

BatteryBoss Calls Out False Capacity Claims!

I currently use a 1500, and occasionally rotate with the stock 1300. I'd rather rotate between two 1500s.

Reactions: flyinjoe13
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. I actually want to get one of the batteries that require a new cover because I like the fact that it makes the phone a bit thicker. I always have trouble holding thin phones so the extra thickness would be to my liking with the added bonus of longer battery life. From the sounds of it, if I could get 30-34 hours of moderate use out of the stock battery, the HTC 2150 might be enough of an upgrade for me.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. I actually want to get one of the batteries that require a new cover because I like the fact that it makes the phone a bit thicker. I always have trouble holding thin phones so the extra thickness would be to my liking with the added bonus of longer battery life. From the sounds of it, if I could get 30-34 hours of moderate use out of the stock battery, the HTC 2150 might be enough of an upgrade for me.

I'm not a fan of Seidio products, but I would actually recommend the Seidio 3500 over the HTC 2150. Even with the inflating, the Seidio puts out a real world 2800 mAh or so. They're within the same price range. Lastly, Seidio makes a case compatible with their extended battery, which gives you one more option.

Upvote 0
I have the 1800 mAh from ChiChiTek @ HTCexpress and I absolutely love it. I can get over 60 hours with light to moderate use and 30-35 with heavy use. It came with a wall charger and was $19.99 shipped (I believe the prices have been raised)
Waiting on mine to arrive. Have a 1500 now, hoping these are an improvement. I don't want one that requires a new battery door and won't fit my Otterbox case.

Upvote 0
Waiting on mine to arrive. Have a 1500 now, hoping these are an improvement. I don't want one that requires a new battery door and won't fit my Otterbox case.

I didn't want a new battery door either that's why I purchased the 1800. It does take some force to get all the clips to "click" but they do. Some people have said they have slight gaps, for what it's worth, mine fits perfectly

Upvote 0
I have stock battery which lasts fine for what I do: 3-4 short phone calls, + about hour, hour1/2 of audio books through car's audio. + mail check every hour or so, + light internet browsing/blogs reading and some youtube (10-30 minutes a day total)

On average I have about 40-20% left when I put phone to charge at night. First I wanted extended battery, but now see no need. I have a car charger just in case, but never use it.

Upvote 0
Having gone from the stock 1300mAh battery to the 1500mAh OEM months ago, and after much debate, I picked up the 2150mAh HTC battery just last week. It was - without a doubt - the BEST thing I've done as far as battery life goes! Among the highlights:

1) After one complete discharge and a couple of full charges with the phone OFF, My Incredible now EASILY makes it through 2 full days with average / moderate use. My phone has a current "Up Time" of 43.0 hours and an "Awake Time" of 8.5 hours and I STILL have 32% battery life remaining!

2) While the replacement back makes the phone about 2-3mm thicker, it's a very snug fit - no loose spots or creaks anywhere! Also, due to the slightly thicker back, there's no need to worry anymore about possibly scratching your camera lens when you set your phone down! Bonus!

3) I am also able to use the same hip holster that I used with the previous two batteries and back! Works just fine! I REALLY like this particular holster as it has belt loops which secure my phone even more! If you're curious, here it is:

Carbon Fiber Weave Horizontal Belt Clip Carrying Case #22

4) Remarkably, even WITH the thicker replacement back, the phone will still fit in my desktop charger! I love this charger! Here's the info on it:

HTC Droid Incredible Desktop Charger & Sync Cradle

In a nutshell, I'd HIGHLY recommend the HTC 2150mAh battery to anyone who's looking for an excellent compromise between the 1500-1800mAh ones and the behemoth 3500mAh!

Upvote 0
Having gone from the stock 1300mAh battery to the 1500mAh OEM months ago, and after much debate, I picked up the 2150mAh HTC battery just last week. It was - without a doubt - the BEST thing I've done as far as battery life goes! Among the highlights:

1) After one complete discharge and a couple of full charges with the phone OFF, My Incredible now EASILY makes it through 2 full days with average / moderate use. My phone has a current "Up Time" of 43.0 hours and an "Awake Time" of 8.5 hours and I STILL have 32% battery life remaining!

2) While the replacement back makes the phone about 2-3mm thicker, it's a very snug fit - no loose spots or creaks anywhere! Also, due to the slightly thicker back, there's no need to worry anymore about possibly scratching your camera lens when you set your phone down! Bonus!

3) I am also able to use the same hip holster that I used with the previous two batteries and back! Works just fine! I REALLY like this particular holster as it has belt loops which secure my phone even more! If you're curious, here it is:

Carbon Fiber Weave Horizontal Belt Clip Carrying Case #22

4) Remarkably, even WITH the thicker replacement back, the phone will still fit in my desktop charger! I love this charger! Here's the info on it:

HTC Droid Incredible Desktop Charger & Sync Cradle

In a nutshell, I'd HIGHLY recommend the HTC 2150mAh battery to anyone who's looking for an excellent compromise between the 1500-1800mAh ones and the behemoth 3500mAh!

I bought that a few months ago. It was like that at first... now I have to charge daily. A bummer.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Well first day with my new battery and im very impressed.Huge upgrade to the 1500mAh I got a while back.If i ever need another battery this is the one I will get.The back is a little tighter to get on but wort it!
I agree with this exactly. There are gaps in the cover on mine, though. But the battery is great otherwise. I have no solid numbers but it's definitely better.

Upvote 0
Wow, I have the Seidio 1750 and I can't remotely make it through the day. I have to charge it at work sometimes, any available change at home, and even in the car. I've started carrying my stock one around for a backup since I usually can't make it through the day without it dying. I can't figure out what my issue is. At work, the most I might do is check email, open a few news apps, and maybe a game or two. I would not consider it heavy use at all, moderate at best. Might be time to upgrade to another one I guess.

Upvote 0
I also purchased the 2150 extended battery from Verizon. I stand behind this battery so far (2 months). I could not handle having my battery depleted 1/3 by 10am so I decided to make the purchase. The only drawback I have found is the case issue as others have said. I have found a VERY useful tip that made a significant difference in battery life. I thought it was pointless but worth a try and it DEF made a difference. Here's what you do...Charge your phone as you normally would until the green LED light comes on....Unplug from charger and power your phone off...plug back in and LED light will glow red/orange for another 20 min or so and eventually turn green...once its green you are good to go. I didn't think this would work but thought what the heck, it won't hurt to try. I can now use my phone pretty much all day however I do monitor my gps, wifi, etc. but I also consider my usage to be pretty heavy throughout the day. Another tip I use is to change the google search feature to an all black screen (Googling "Google black" should point you in the right direction). If you do alot of "Googling" as I do this should help. I also have my wallpaper set to a black photo. You can cover the camera lens and take a picture and then set it to your wallpaper. I like the way this looks and I have done it on every phone I have owned. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
I bought that a few months ago. It was like that at first... now I have to charge daily. A bummer.

Granted, more often than not, I still put my phone on my charger every night. HOWEVER, when I do, I still always have 40% - 50% battery life remaining by 10pm under HEAVY use during the day with the 2150mAh battery, as opposed to having less than 10% battery life left by that time with the 1500mAh one.

What this translates to is that, if the situation arises where I'm somewhere with no access to a charger, I could easily make it through two days without having to charge my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones