• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Does the SuperOneClick root work?

It could, potentially be an issue with the rootchecker?

Have you installed an app that requires root? Titanium Backup or SetCPU for example?

Installed ClockSync even before my attempt at rooting (used non-root function). Tried using the root function now and it states my Spica is still unrooted.

Not sure what went wrong, SuperOneClick says rooting was a success. Is it possible to have the SuperUser app and still remain unrooted?

Upvote 0
Tried Universal Androot. Unfortunately all I got was a Sorry I can not root this device message.

z4Root was a bit more promising. The app went so far as to reboot my Spica. But a quick peek with RootChecker gave me this message:

Root Access is not properly configured or was not granted.

Alternate su binary location:
/sbin/su: No such file or directory

SU binary not found in the system declared
PATH

I'm guessing that means "no" I'm still not rooted. :p

Upvote 0
Lol, I would hazard a guess and say no, you weren't!

I've done a quick google and it doesn't look like the one click roots work for the Spica.

I've found this though. Do you fancy trying that? Obviously, not owning a Spica, I can't test myself. I know some Desire HD users have use that addictive tips website when creating gold cards to debrand so it does seem legit.

Reactions: Tsarli
Upvote 0
I've found this though. Do you fancy trying that?

Took a deep breath and took the plunge. Bingo! It worked! Even took a screenshot: :)

screenshot.png

Looks like the old saying, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" holds true for Spicas and those quick root schemes.

Thanks so much! Next step: custom roms.

By the way, once rooted, always rooted? Or will doing a hard reset unroot the phone. :(

Upvote 0
Took a deep breath and took the plunge. Bingo! It worked! Even took a screenshot: :)

Looks like the old saying, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" holds true for Spicas and those quick root schemes.

Thanks so much! Next step: custom roms.

By the way, once rooted, always rooted? Or will doing a hard reset unroot the phone. :(

Excellent

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones