• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does this phone have automatic gain control (AGC) and how can I turn it off?

garybeck

Android Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2011
hello does anyone know if the Optimus V has automatic gain control (AGC) and if so is it possible to turn it off? my phone is rooted if that makes a difference.

I want to use my phone to measure decibels. I found apps that do this but it says that if you have AGC it distorts the reading.

thanks

hello does anyone know if the Optimus V has automatic gain control (AGC) and if so is it possible to turn it off? my phone is rooted if that makes a difference.

I want to use my phone to measure decibels. I found apps that do this but it says that if you have AGC it distorts the reading.

thanks

No (AGC) that i'm aware of. If your running a different rom it might be the DSPMANAGER running, you can stop it by going to settings > applications> running services, if you see dspmanager, turn it off.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones