Does your eris batter lose its first %15 very quicklyGeneral

Last Updated:

1. motionxxusxx

motionxxusxx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm trying to figure out if I should ask verizon for a new battery. My eris battery life last me a full day, but my battery drops to 85% within the first hour after my phone is removed from the charger. The battery than dies slower from that point on. I figure this may be a bad battery or bad meter. Is there a way to calibrate the battery meter?

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

only way to calibrate a lithium ion battery is to let is fully discharge and fully recharge once. that is recommended to do once every three months or so to keep the calibration. it is NOT recommended to do a full discharge daily.

3. el viejo

el viejo Well-Known Member

Mine did this prior to the update this month. After that, it's been fine.

4. ned23

ned23 Well-Known Member

Most battery monitoring software is really marginal and not very precise. Often it measures tiny voltage changes or other factors that can be affected by the power usage level of the phone. Simply starting up additional apps can make voltage drop and make the battery life look lower.

5. Rrrracer

Rrrracer Well-Known Member

Agree, I think most of us have determined that the battery indicator is NOT linear in it's display relative to actual battery life...

Mine heads south pretty quickly after a full charge, seems pretty normal in the mid-range of operation, and the last 15% seems to last forever.

That said, battery life on my Eris has increased pretty noticeably since I first got it ~6 weeks ago. I have no trouble getting an entire day out of a charge, and it's usually still above 15% when I stick it on the charger at night.

6. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

ditto, and i think most eris owners will echo this comment.