• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does your phone speaker make a popping/clicking noise?

Does your phone's speaker make a popping/clicking noise after sound output?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Canada
I'm a new GNex owner and have a question: Does your phone's speaker making a popping/clicking noise 2-3 seconds after it outputs sound? I noticed that whenever I do something that requires sound to be made on my phone, the speaker sounds like it stays on, and then turns off 2-3 seconds after, resulting with an odd sound being heard. It doesn't matter what sound the phone is making, whether it be music, sounds from the keyboard, volume toggles, whatever it may be.. any sound the phone produces is always followed with an annoying pop or click.

Does your phone do this? Trying to see if it's normal or if I should get it replaced.

Thanks.

Its normal way speaker works. This is not a bug and cant be repaired. Clicking noise is a sound speaker shuts down after usage. I hear that only in a quiet room, i tryed to listen that in a friends iPhone 4S, and also the same clicking noise is present when speaker shuts down.

Only solution for this is some widget that leaves speaker ON all time. That shuts it down only when nexus is locked (when not used).

Upvote 0
Its normal way speaker works. This is not a bug and cant be repaired. Clicking noise is a sound speaker shuts down after usage. I hear that only in a quiet room, i tryed to listen that in a friends iPhone 4S, and also the same clicking noise is present when speaker shuts down.

Only solution for this is some widget that leaves speaker ON all time. That shuts it down only when nexus is locked (when not used).

While you are right its normal for the speaker to be turning on and off, I don't know if it should be making an audible noise when it does so. My LTE Nexus doesn't make any noise with the external speaker, and the most I hear with headphones is a quiet hiss for a couple seconds and disappears (but with no click or pop). But maybe the GSM one is slightly different.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones