• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dolphin Browser Bookmark widget

i remember setting up the dolphin browser as the default to get those results.
if you hit the bookmark widget itself it goes to the built in browser but the shortcuts themselves go through the dolphin browser.

Its easy dog. Remove the stock browser widget then replace. First time u hit a link it asks to use which browser and there is a check to make it use dolfin every time

Upvote 0
Its easy dog. Remove the stock browser widget then replace. First time u hit a link it asks to use which browser and there is a check to make it use dolfin every time

I tried that on my LTEvo and after installing the new widget it went to the stock browser without asking me which one I wanted to use. I also checked the settings but can't find anything where I can change the default browser.

Any idea how to proceed?

Upvote 0
I tried that on my LTEvo and after installing the new widget it went to the stock browser without asking me which one I wanted to use. I also checked the settings but can't find anything where I can change the default browser.

Any idea how to proceed?

Of course this is the Eris forum, but you usually can change the default in one of two ways:

- from home, settings->applications->manage applications. Find the default browser app (it may be called browser) and tap - there should be a button that says "Clear defaults". That should do it

- install a new browser app - that should clear the default for the browser and let you select the new one

Of course, on a Sense device like yours it may be that the widget is hard-coded to open the default browser. You may want to ask around in the forum for your device.

Reactions: ZepTepi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones