Dolphin Browser Bookmark widgetSupport

Last Updated:

1. Stygian

Stygian Member This Topic's Starter

Is there anyway to have the Dolphin browser bookmarks on the stock bookmark widget? I'd like to add and customize it but don't wanna jump between stock browser and Dolphin.:confused:

Searched some other threads and could not find an answer that applied

Advertisement
  2. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

i remember setting up the dolphin browser as the default to get those results.
    if you hit the bookmark widget itself it goes to the built in browser but the shortcuts themselves go through the dolphin browser.

3. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

Another idea: Have an Xmarks account? Save that as a bookmark.

4. rusty.gh

rusty.gh Member

Its easy dog. Remove the stock browser widget then replace. First time u hit a link it asks to use which browser and there is a check to make it use dolfin every time

5. ZepTepi

ZepTepi Well-Known Member

I tried that on my LTEvo and after installing the new widget it went to the stock browser without asking me which one I wanted to use. I also checked the settings but can't find anything where I can change the default browser.

Any idea how to proceed?

6. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Of course this is the Eris forum, but you usually can change the default in one of two ways:

- from home, settings->applications->manage applications. Find the default browser app (it may be called browser) and tap - there should be a button that says "Clear defaults". That should do it

- install a new browser app - that should clear the default for the browser and let you select the new one

Of course, on a Sense device like yours it may be that the widget is hard-coded to open the default browser. You may want to ask around in the forum for your device.

ZepTepi likes this.