• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dolphin HD save exit options

Resurrecting on old topic can often be a wrong choice....
However, as there wasn't any answers found I'll use this topic rather than start a new one.

So.... is there any way around this question.
Can we now save our opened bookmarks as 'Save on Exit' so that re-starting Dolphin would reload all the previously opened Apps?

I am talking of re-starting Dolphin and not simply opening from a minimum state of operation.

Upvote 0
For the exit settings, on Dolphin, go to Menu>More>Settngs>Dolphin Settings>Exit Settings. Set your preferences there, then uncheck "Confirm when exiting"
In those settings you can:-
Clear Cache
Clear History
Clear Cookie
Confirm when exiting

With the exception of the last one 'Confirm when exiting' I have all unticked.
This still however clears any opened Tabs.
As such when you next click on the Dolphin shortcut all it opens is the Home Page, not the other previously opened Tabs.

Upvote 0
In those settings you can:-
Clear Cache
Clear History
Clear Cookie
Confirm when exiting

With the exception of the last one 'Confirm when exiting' I have all unticked.
This still however clears any opened Tabs.
As such when you next click on the Dolphin shortcut all it opens is the Home Page, not the other previously opened Tabs.

I was actually answering the previous posts, as for your question I dont know if its possible as of course not even PC browsers can do that automatically AFAIK, you'd have to save the sessions via a session manager program. You might want to try looking at Dolphin HD extensions that work like session buddy extension on Chrome?

Upvote 0
I was actually answering the previous posts, as for your question I dont know if its possible as of course not even PC browsers can do that automatically AFAIK, you'd have to save the sessions via a session manager program. You might want to try looking at Dolphin HD extensions that work like session buddy extension on Chrome?

Yes it is possible on a PC. I do it all the time with Firefox.
You close the main window and up pops a box asking if you want to save your tabs.
You simply select save and the next time you open your browser it opens all your previously opened tabs.

As to the extensions ~ No, there's nothing available.

Upvote 0
Yes it is possible on a PC. I do it all the time with Firefox.
You close the main window and up pops a box asking if you want to save your tabs.
You simply select save and the next time you open your browser it opens all your previously opened tabs.

As to the extensions ~ No, there's nothing available.

Yeah thats what I meant, you save the session. I do it on Chrome and Opera as well, but as I said, its not automatic and you have to save it, which is not available by default on Dolphin.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones