• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Done my research and want to make sure sir!!

namlee78

May 4, 2010
Good evening,

I just got google voice app. installed and got activate my invitation!!! WooHoo!!!!!!

I researched a lot and just want to make sure one thing.

I do not use forward text message to my e-mail function because everytime I got text messages thru my google voice number, I have two noticfications on my android. one for email and one for sms on google voice. so I did turn it off this function. Also, I don't need to organize my text messages and keep it.

Ok, here's my questions. If someone send me text me to google voice number and I get sms arrive notification on my phone. If I reply this text within in google app,(in sms box) am I still sending it for free?

Some people said that as long as we are using google voice app, it's free.
But, other said, it's only free when we have to use e-mail reply or log in google voice account and reply from there.

I'm thinking that it's free even if I reply right back to them by using sms box on google voice app. Am I right?????:eek:

If my friends who using verizon to call my google voice number, they are using their minute right?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones