double notification noise for one text messageSupport

Last Updated:

1. roastedpepper

roastedpepper Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey I've had my droid only for a week and it just today started this annoying habit of making a notification noise twice when I get a text so it buzzes goes Droid! Buzz again and Droid! Again. So I think I got two texts when I have one. I don't have handecent or anything. I'm geting a lot of bugs ones I wasn't expecting and its testing me on if I want to keep the phone. Right now its a love and hate thing

Advertisement
  2. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

I'd reset your phone from scratch and see if the problem persists. It's a much easier process than you'd imagine.

3. ladybadger2007

ladybadger2007 Well-Known Member

Have you tried taking the battery out and putting it back in? sometimes mine will get quirky and this tends to help.

4. johninbigd

johninbigd Well-Known Member

I always get double notifications for txt messages. I get the default system sound and then the sound that I selected. I use Handcent and I have verified that the default messaging app has notifications turned off. I should only be getting one sound, but I still get two. Annoying!

5. stedrocklp

stedrocklp Well-Known Member

Any of you using the missed call app? Sometimes there are conflicts that cause this. I would go through and make sure there isn't some sort of outside app thats causing this. I know from personal expirence that when I started using handcent I had to make sure it was the only app notifying me. Just a thought.

6. johninbigd

johninbigd Well-Known Member

I don't have the missed call app. I'm not aware of any apps on my phone that would be causing duplicate notification sounds. Interestingly, I only get duplicate sounds with SMS messages.

7. icecold

icecold Well-Known Member

I would change the notification sound on both handcent and the default messaging app. So, the next time you get a text, you will be able to tell where you are getting the second notification sound from.

You are either getting a default notification, the sound is coming from the stock messenging app, or Handcent is giving you two sound notifications.

8. roastedpepper

roastedpepper Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't have handecent or missed call or anything. I just have the regular messaging app that came with the phone. Its not doing it as much today

9. icecold

icecold Well-Known Member

I do get message repeats sometimes when I receive messages from other Verizon users. I never had an issue with it (that I remember) until I had gotten my Storm. That is about the only time I get multiple alerts. On occasion, I do get double alerts when I get both an email and a text at the same time.

10. greedypig

greedypig New Member

Open your stock messaging app from the app drawer, disable notifications. No more double sounds or uncleared message notifications in the status bar.

11. OriginalGeek

OriginalGeek Active Member

I also get double droids. I do have handcent and it is selected as my default app for txt messages. However I have to reset that several times a week - it seems to forget and whenever I get a txt message I am positive I get the double droid sound because the message triggers BOTH Handcent and the stock messaging app that came with sroid. They both show up in my notification bar. I've tried every combination of notifications on/off/default/etc.. that I can think of but it still does it.

I'm kinda used to it - the txt messg does double droid and when I get a google chat message it does one droid so I may just keep it that way now. lol

12. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

I've had better success with SMS Popup than with Handcent, fwiw. As for getting double notifications for text messages without any other software installed, that is most curious. Are you getting the number '2' on the notification icon in the status bar as well?

13. stupidsuck

stupidsuck New Member

did anyone come up with a solution? My R2D2 sends out a soud i assigned for texts and as soon as that finished, the stock default sound play as well.

14. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

I would repost this in the Droid 2 section to get a better chance of help on this. Since the Droid 1 is very different than the Droid 2.

15. stupidsuck

stupidsuck New Member

thanks, but i finally figured out what it was...........totally forgot I had Ringo installed. I never used it so it was easy to forget.....DUH