• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help double notification noise for one text message

roastedpepper

Nov 12, 2009
Hey I've had my droid only for a week and it just today started this annoying habit of making a notification noise twice when I get a text so it buzzes goes Droid! Buzz again and Droid! Again. So I think I got two texts when I have one. I don't have handecent or anything. I'm geting a lot of bugs ones I wasn't expecting and its testing me on if I want to keep the phone. Right now its a love and hate thing

I would change the notification sound on both handcent and the default messaging app. So, the next time you get a text, you will be able to tell where you are getting the second notification sound from.

You are either getting a default notification, the sound is coming from the stock messenging app, or Handcent is giving you two sound notifications.

Upvote 0
I do get message repeats sometimes when I receive messages from other Verizon users. I never had an issue with it (that I remember) until I had gotten my Storm. That is about the only time I get multiple alerts. On occasion, I do get double alerts when I get both an email and a text at the same time.

Upvote 0
I also get double droids. I do have handcent and it is selected as my default app for txt messages. However I have to reset that several times a week - it seems to forget and whenever I get a txt message I am positive I get the double droid sound because the message triggers BOTH Handcent and the stock messaging app that came with sroid. They both show up in my notification bar. I've tried every combination of notifications on/off/default/etc.. that I can think of but it still does it.

I'm kinda used to it - the txt messg does double droid and when I get a google chat message it does one droid so I may just keep it that way now. lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones