Double-Tap to Open app?

Last Updated:

1. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I keep opening stuff I don't mean to while scrolling through the app drawer or sliding 1 of 7 screens filled with apps in Home++.

Is there a double tap app, or maybe an app that gives you control over how long you have to touch the screen to constitute a true tap?

Advertisement
  2. marsbase420

marsbase420 New Member

good question. i've been wondering about this myself. i'm really liking the android os, but i always accidentally open an app, which can be annoying.

if a double click option were available in the system settings, this could easily be solved.

p.s.
    criss from zomgits totally rocks! i've been checking out her vids for a couple months now. she is truly a wise woman.

3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Don't worry too much about it. You'll have 2.1 soon, which comes with 5 desktops ... and you don't have to scroll them either. There are these handy little dots in the right and left bottom corners that you simply tap to change desktops. Long-press on the dots reveals thumbnails of all 5 desktops to tap for a beam straight to that desktop.

But in the meanwhile, let me give you a little tip. Learn to slide your finger between the rows of icons, and not over top of them. You'll notice that there are actually dead zones where you can tap the screen and not open the surrounding apps. That's where you want to swipe the screen. Trust me ... it works. :)

Hope this helps...

4. marsbase420

marsbase420 New Member

cool, i'll give it a try. thanks for the help.