• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Double-Tap to Open app?

good question. i've been wondering about this myself. i'm really liking the android os, but i always accidentally open an app, which can be annoying.

if a double click option were available in the system settings, this could easily be solved.

p.s.
criss from zomgits totally rocks! i've been checking out her vids for a couple months now. she is truly a wise woman.

Upvote 0
Don't worry too much about it. You'll have 2.1 soon, which comes with 5 desktops ... and you don't have to scroll them either. There are these handy little dots in the right and left bottom corners that you simply tap to change desktops. Long-press on the dots reveals thumbnails of all 5 desktops to tap for a beam straight to that desktop.

But in the meanwhile, let me give you a little tip. Learn to slide your finger between the rows of icons, and not over top of them. You'll notice that there are actually dead zones where you can tap the screen and not open the surrounding apps. That's where you want to swipe the screen. Trust me ... it works. :)

Hope this helps...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones