• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Double tap / voice commands help (how to turn off)

Varg

Nov 17, 2010
I just activated my Victory last night... ported my # from verizon, all went well.

I was in a store during lunch just now, and while the phone was in my pocket, something mis-clicked and now my phone is stuck in some double tap mode (every single thing i touch has to be double tapped), and the most annoying voice announces EVERYTHING.... every text on the phone display.

its awful. does anyone know where the setting is located to shut all this crap off???

It would be greatly appreciated.

The keyboard predictions are pretty dismal, but I've found that using my phone sideways (landscape mode) lets me type accurately, which is what I really prefer over any kind of predictive text.

As for Talkback, I don't even use the S Voice feature of the phone all that much. I'm not a fan of having my technology talking to me. It's nice to have SOMETHING in my life that does what it's supposed to without all kinds of chatter and debate... :p

Upvote 0
This is a really old thread but makes me want to comment.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE. The keyboard and everything about it just don't work for me. My hands are just to big. Pretty much 98% of the texts I send are by voice command. And I must say the voice recognition on this phone is pretty good. If it wasn't for voice recognition, I would have to throw this phone away and find a phone that had the old keyboard style.

But I will say it is a hassle to. For example, if someone sends me a text at work, where it's really queit, I pretty much have to go out in the hallway or wait until I get home to respond to the text because I'm not going to talk into the phone at my desk in earshot of my co-workers.

Upvote 0
Actually I'm not that disgruntled but someone else commented on the thread so it brought it to the forefront and I just commented. But telling someone to get another keyboard from the play store is like telling someone to look for a pen in a haystack. As I'm sure you know, for everything you need, there are 10-30 applications to choose from. I've run into that several times.

So I do apoligize for a smartass remark. And I do thank you for mentioning the Google keyboard. I'll check for it later on.

Upvote 0
Actually I'm not that disgruntled but someone else commented on the thread so it brought it to the forefront and I just commented. But telling someone to get another keyboard from the play store is like telling someone to look for a pen in a haystack. As I'm sure you know, for everything you need, there are 10-30 applications to choose from. I've run into that several times.

So I do apoligize for a smartass remark. And I do thank you for mentioning the Google keyboard. I'll check for it later on.

I second his suggestion Google keyboard is really good for my mom and baby brother

Upvote 0
I run in to all levels of users here. You would be surprised how many (I hate to use the cliche "noobs" ) people here really don't know that they can get a different keyboard. I was just throwing it out there. Which one you use is really a personal preference, that's why I didn't think to suggest one. It was more like "hey try out some different keyboards, ya never know." I guarantee you that SOMEONE out there read that and thought "you can get different keyboards? " lol Even in the root section. I saw someone in the root thread say "I just rooted, what are supersu and busybox for?" So who's to say what's helpful. By the way thanks for mentioning that the keyboard is annoying... Now the dang thing is annoying the crap out of me. Lmao

Upvote 0
I run in to all levels of users here. You would be surprised how many (I hate to use the cliche "noobs" ) people here really don't know that they can get a different keyboard. I was just throwing it out there. Which one you use is really a personal preference, that's why I didn't think to suggest one. It was more like "hey try out some different keyboards, ya never know." I guarantee you that SOMEONE out there read that and thought "you can get different keyboards? " lol Even in the root section. I saw someone in the root thread say "I just rooted, what are supersu and busybox for?" So who's to say what's helpful. By the way thanks for mentioning that the keyboard is annoying... Now the dang thing is annoying the crap out of me. Lmao

Upvote 0
I just posted a question on this thread. can you look at it a if there is any way to help me.....it sure would be appreciated. THX I'm sorry but it's the Motorola Droid Turbo:)
If it is announcing everything out loud, its an accessibility setting. But I don't have that phone. Try in the droid turbo section. Those guys know more about that phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones