• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Download from Google Play

ronyzmbow

Mar 20, 2013
This is a complete novice question - a specific application - Igo Primo

will be available next week for free download for 2 days only. I am about to get a new smartphone (Samsung Xcover 2) only few days later.

Can it be dowloaded into a PC and installed later in my the new phone?

Can it be downloaded into a MicroSD card in a friends phone and later the same card will be in new phone - will it work?

Is there another way to do it? or in other words - is there a way to download an aplication before you have the device to use it?

Another question - I own a Samsung Galaxy WiFi 5 mini tablet. This device appears in my Google Play web site when I log in. How do I add a new device into the Google Play when I'll get it?

1. No you can't download it to a PC, but if you get it NOW for your Galaxy WiFi 5, you can download it for free as well on your new device AFAIK.

2. The application downloads are "account specific", not device specific. Meaning when you log in to Google on your new phone (make sure you use the same account on your Galaxy 5 and the new phone), Play Store will detect both your devices. Also if you buy an app for one device, it becomes available for free download for all devices because as I said, applications are "account specific", meaning if you used a certain account to buy an app, it becomes bought for all apps available on that account.

Reactions: ronyzmbow
Upvote 0
As for 1 - the problem is that this application works only with the new Galaxy Xcover 2 which I will get only AFTER the free offer is valid..
Any idea how to get it?
Can I use the MicroSD card from my WiFi 5 in a friend smartphone and later insert it in my new Galaxy phone and use the application?

Upvote 0
This is a complete novice question - a specific application - Igo Primo will be available next week for free download for 2 days only. I am about to get a new smartphone (Samsung Xcover 2) only few days later.

In situations like this it would be best to contact the developer directly, explain the situation and hope they are understanding. They might be able to give you a direct link, or they could credit your Google account which would make it available when you do get your phone.

Another question - I own a Samsung Galaxy WiFi 5 mini tablet. This device appears in my Google Play web site when I log in. How do I add a new device into the Google Play when I'll get it?

As soon as you register a new device to the same Google account, the device will become an option in the play store.

Upvote 0
I followed lunatic59 advice and contacted the developer - what a great idea!
They were very nice and gave me a very simple solution -
log in into my Google Play account from friend's device and download the application - the application would under my account so I'll be able to use it later.
Thanks IGO Primo!

Keep in mind, doing this, your friend will have access to your email via the gmail app.

Upvote 0
I followed lunatic59 advice and contacted the developer - what a great idea!
They were very nice and gave me a very simple solution -
log in into my Google Play account from friend's device and download the application - the application would under my account so I'll be able to use it later.
Thanks IGO Primo!

I have talked with a friend who is willing to do it - but he raises a question / problem -
When one logs off his Google account and then logs in another Google account it is a bit messy because Google asks you to syncronize all your contacts and data. is it right? Is there a way to avoid it or by-pass it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones