• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Download will not stop

Caveman419

Android Enthusiast
Feb 24, 2010
Last cave on the left
Greeting all!

I work with a person that has her home email set up in Outlook on her home computer to pull the emails from the server when Outlook is opened. She was sent a picture in an email and for some reason it started to download the,TXT file that always accompanies the picture. She has opened the email on her Outlook and the email is now gone from the email server, but it continues to show the .TXT file as trying to download. How can she get rid of it from the notification bar & the pull down?

I have tried going into her downloads app, but it does not show up in there. I tried to go into the manage applications and force stopping the email application. I am at a loss and any help would be greatly appreciated. I have never seen a download that is this persistent.

I am new to this phone but I was downloading apps I had on my old phone and one just sat there. Could not figure out what was going on, did not clear with restarting the phone. A bit later I went to download an app that said it needed WiFi to download. The 'stalled' app started downloading.

If your friends problem is still there I would suggest trying turning on WiFi and see if it helps. Maybe, for whatever reason, the file requires WiFi to download.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones