• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Downloading never stops!

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
HERE
Hello,
I am having issues with my POP3 account.
I receive the emails, read them, delete them to the trash and when I choose to check for more messages my emails that I already deleted reappear in the inbox.

Called Verizon and they told me to take the check out of the box for leave on server.
Thats stupid!
I never unchecked that because I have my home PC hat I want my emails to download to.
Also my iPhone, Storm, P990i didn't have this issue.

Is there anything I might be missing?
Now I have triples of my emails in the trash folder and Ive tried to delete them out of the trash folder but they just get re-downloaded to the inbox!!!

One thing this has taught me is that I need a delete all app...
Checking off all my over 300 emails everyday is driving me nutz!

Anyone know of a app that will delete all?

Id be GRATEFUL for any help with th is.
Oh and I have already removed the POP3 account and recreated it with no change to my issue.

Thanks

Go grab the K9Mail program and give that a try...

Heard of it and saw mixed reviews.
You using it?
Is it a client that blows the default away?
I just hate to install and use so much memory up for app's that should work out of the box.

I am using Handcent now over the SMS default now because it offers SO much in feature rich options.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I have one pop3 account set up in K9 mail (RoadRunner account). I have not had any issues like that. The only problem that I have (and it's not really a problem for me but it might be for other people) is that if I check the account on my computer through Outlook, it removes all of the inbox messages from my phone because it pulls them from the server to my computer.

Upvote 0
I have one pop3 account set up in K9 mail (RoadRunner account). I have not had any issues like that. The only problem that I have (and it's not really a problem for me but it might be for other people) is that if I check the account on my computer through Outlook, it removes all of the inbox messages from my phone because it pulls them from the server to my computer.

You probably know this but check the leave on server box in Outlook, and they will stay on the device.

Thanks

Upvote 0

whats a RoadRunner account?

Thanks

Upvote 0
You probably know this but check the leave on server box in Outlook, and they will stay on the device.

Thanks

That function is sort of a help for me because I never have to try to delete something from my phone. It's a heck of a lot easier to mass delete in Outlook. If there were some rare message that I wanted to keep on the phone, I would just forward it to one of the other two accounts. (My pop3 account gets mostly junk and jokes.) But I definitely appreciate the tip! It may well help out someone else who is here looking for information on pop3 accounts.

Upvote 0
Hello,
I am having issues with my POP3 account.
I receive the emails, read them, delete them to the trash and when I choose to check for more messages my emails that I already deleted reappear in the inbox.

Called Verizon and they told me to take the check out of the box for leave on server.
Thats stupid!
I never unchecked that because I have my home PC hat I want my emails to download to.
Also my iPhone, Storm, P990i didn't have this issue.

Is there anything I might be missing?
Now I have triples of my emails in the trash folder and Ive tried to delete them out of the trash folder but they just get re-downloaded to the inbox!!!

One thing this has taught me is that I need a delete all app...
Checking off all my over 300 emails everyday is driving me nutz!

Anyone know of a app that will delete all?

Id be GRATEFUL for any help with th is.
Oh and I have already removed the POP3 account and recreated it with no change to my issue.

Thanks
I am really getting tired of doing the same thing. I am on my 3rd Droid and it's still doing the same thing, just wont delete my email. I hope they can fix this or I'm going to take it back to verizon when something better comes along.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones