• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid 4 Flashed to Page Plus (3G) Keeps Losing 3G Data

JahmezzT

Apr 28, 2014
So I have a Verizon Droid 4 that is running Android 4.1.2 (Un-Rooted). I have had it fully flashed over to Page Plus (Phone and Data) so the data that I have to currently use is 3G vs. 4G LTE.

Last Tuesday I noticed that my 3G Data had stopped working. No biggie I thought, I just turned my phone off and back on. 3G back…but only for about 14 minutes. After 14 minutes the data disconnected. At this point I am a little concerned. I attempt a few different avenues to restart the data, Airplane Mode On/Off. I’ve done a Data On/Off, Hard Reset, Safe Mode Start, turning off Wi-Fi and starting…same results. The phone turns on and the 3G data lasts about 14 minutes and then it disconnects.

Wi-Fi works, Phone and Text Work (except for MMS).

Here goes a brief list of things I have tried ( I have not attempted a Factory Reset, that is one of my last resorts; I have Wi-Fi most places so I can manage or I just reboot my phone when I need data). I have done the following:

• Resetting the Phone by Holding down Power Button For 10 Seconds or until phone cuts off
  • Hard Reset by holding down Volume Down Button for 10 Seconds or until phone cuts off
  • Powering Off and turning back on
  • Restarting Phone in Safe Mode
  • Resetting APN to Default Settings
  • Turning ‘Data enabled’ off and back on (Settings -> Wireless & Networks --> More -> More -> Mobile Networks
  • Turning ‘Mobile data’ off and back on (Settings --> Wireless & Networks --> Data usage)
  • Confirmed Network is set to CDMA/LTE
  • Airplane Mode Off/On

Someone mentioned that this may be a hardware issue. Not sure about that, but any info that I might be able to get would be helpful.

Thanks!

I see you done everything but something that is called BUILD.PROP . did you edit the prop if not everything isn't done . now what did you flash from gsm or it was a CDMA already .
Hey BRAINZ2013, thanks for the reply! No I haven't done the BUILD.PROP. I have no idea what that is either so any info on that could be good. My Droid was CDMA already

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones