Droid DNA to Straight Talk

Last Updated:

1. kjdowns

kjdowns Guest

I am looking at buying a used Droid DNA and using it on my existing straight talk plan. Can anyone give me step by step directions on doing this. If I enter the IMEI number on the phone, it says it is not compatible, but I know many people use the DNA on straight talk. I just need help getting it activated. Can I just buy and new AT&T SIM and put it in? How does all of this work? I am really at a loss since I know nothing about phone set up. Thanks!

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Then you can't.

But not THAT DNA. That one isn't compatible. It may have been reported stolen. It may have an unpaid bill attached to it. It may have been used in a service that's not transferrable to ST (like no-contract Verizon phones).

No, the IMEI won't be accepted.

Get on ST's Facebook page and see if one of their techs will go to the trouble of finding out why that phone is listed as not compatible. And don't argue with the tech - the only information they can give you is the information that AT&T gives them. If AT&T is wrong, please don't take it out on the tech - there's nothing they can do about it.
Tags: Add Tags