• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid DNA vs Galaxy S3 vs RAZR HD

Cam501

Feb 18, 2011
So this being a DNA forum, I expect at least some bias towards the DNA, but I am about to purchase a new phone in the next 2-3 wks and cannot afford the S4 if it's gonna be 250 and need advice. I'm looking at the S3, Droid DNA, and RAZR HD. I'm open to any of the three but would like to hear some opinions. My primary usage is facebook, gaming, you tube, slacker radio, and taking some photos using. I will use some storage for music as well. My existing phone is a Droid Incredible with 8mb internal storage and a 2mb sd card. It has become very laggy over time and it's time to replace it. Any ideas on which phone is the best deal for my usage?

OK, so I've owned all three of them so I can give you first hand experience.

Personally, I like the S3 the best. To me it's the best all-around phone.

The DNA has a great screen, great build, premium feel, the best camera of the bunch, and I have no problem with Sense. The problem with the DNA is the lack of support for games on the high resolution screen. No EA games are supported...No Need for Speed, NBA Jams, etc. Even Doodle Jump isn't supported. So I punted the DNA pretty quickly.

The RAZR HD is actually a pretty cool phone, great build quality, good form factor, great battery. And it's a pretty stock Android experience, aside from all the Verizon bloatware. But to me, it's a meh phone. The camera is the worst of the bunch. And I just couldn't convince myself why I should keep the RAZR over the S3.

Ironically, I ended up selling all three of the phones and reverted back to a Galaxy Nexus. Damn this phone is still awesome!

I hope this helps.

Reactions: Cam501
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones