• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Doesn't - Not Yet at Least! - VIDEO OUT

I asked my phone to make me some scrambled eggs this morning and it just sat there looking at me, (you know with that little red eye)
When I was comparing the iphone to the droid and friend of mine told me that the droid would be able to cook me breakfast. "DROID DOESN"T" :mad:

IT'S A DAHM PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much do you really want this incredible device to do for you?
Its does many other things that will keep you entertained for a while.
get a netbook or something.

but I wouldn't go as far as saying it a deal breaker, c'mon.

sorry, I'll sit here quietly in my cubicle now.:cool:

Reactions: inssane
Upvote 0
I am at my gfs house, and she lives in the country. No cable, no internet. I tether my Droid to her comp and get internet. She also has a TV with USB connection. I hooked up my Droid to it and while music and pics were options, video was not. I like the idea of streaming on my 3g phone direct into the TV, but Droid x has HDMI and froyo may even support it on the Droid 1. Haven't hooked up to ps3 yet. Just got this phone and love it.

Upvote 0
first off, for gods sake, please just get an iphone.

i bought a cable to watch video on my tv from my iPod touch. would i like my droid to do this too? no. this is my phone/internet access when away from home. my ipod is here for multimedia purposes. i like watching a movie ive got on my ipod WHILE taking a phone call or texting. putting a disney movie on in the car for the kids through my ipod touch and that cable while i use my phone for gps or taking a call makes more sense. we will never have 1 device that will serve all of our purposes at the same time. your posting here is like me going to a mustang forum and complaining that i cant take it 4 wheeling or it wont fly.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Why does this thread even still exist?
Wishful thinking.

If you want you phone to have video out capability, buy a phone with that capability, you're not going to hack it into a phone that can't do it.
User's aren't going to but that doesn't mean it's impossible. That doesn't mean that a potential solution wouldn't require additional hardware at a price beyond what these people would be willing to pay either. Consider that BB's don't have video out. Then look at the Blackberry Presenter. It's limited in what it can do but it does offer video out on a device not designed for video out.

They would still be better off just getting an Android device with video out IMO.

Upvote 0
Wishful thinking.

User's aren't going to but that doesn't mean it's impossible. That doesn't mean that a potential solution wouldn't require additional hardware at a price beyond what these people would be willing to pay either. Consider that BB's don't have video out. Then look at the Blackberry Presenter. It's limited in what it can do but it does offer video out on a device not designed for video out.

They would still be better off just getting an Android device with video out IMO.

That's not video out though. Hell I can do that with my Droid now. Just use one of the browser based screen capture apps. May as well say the Droid supports audio out over usb, as long as you attach it to a car head unit that reads thumb drives.

Upvote 0
Because the marketeers want you to buy the "Droid Ultra with HDMI out"
Only problem is that the Droid X with HDMI will only view pics and videos from your gallery.

I am less interested in watching movies than viewing open applications such as navionics chart plotter on a larger screen while at sea. Also I want to project my slingbox onto a bigger screen for live tv viewing.

If someone cant crack this for my Droid, I guess Ill need to buy a Dinc just for that purpose. Anyone know if an Incredible with a bad ESN # would still run all apps and wireless hotspots.

Upvote 0
Wow i don't really understand what all the problem are and confusion you a guy are writing here in this forum. The a solution an there a app the will help this guy out. The app program by the name DLNA search it in the market. There are different free and paid app that will do the same. You need to Do a little more looking up on Google to know how DLNA work if you don't know. It really easy and will do video and pic and music to your Tv.

Reactions: photobuff42
Upvote 0
if it has hdmi out it can probably be hacked to allow anything you like to be fired down them digital pipes to your tv. devices need to be built specifically to allow this sort of thing though because certain hardware is required to do it.

I'd just like to see a little frob that plugs into the hdmi-out and provides a composite+stereo out, like most eyephones want.

Upvote 0
I hear what you're saying, but I would LOVE to see Droid or Motorola to come out with a video out cable. Primarily because my NAV system in my Tahoe has the cabability of playing movies from an Ipod or Iphone, neither of which I own or care to own. If Droid came out with a video out cable, it would be wonderful to be able to play movies in my car and what them on my NAV system (as a passenger of course) during my cross country drives I take at least three times a year, 17 hours one way. So yes, I am probably the minority, but if the phone is capable of using a video out then why not make it happen. Now you know at least one reason as to why people would want the video out cable :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones