• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid games > iPhone games

kasperknop

Oct 17, 2009
If you ever get to argue with an iPhone fanboy he would likely talk about all the good games (aka demos :)) he can download and play (although most people will argue that you don't buy a +200$ device to play games that's only played when your not around a computer, console or NDS anyway... then good old snake might be even just as good)

Here's two features iDont but DroidDoes:

a) Flash support in browsers
b) QWERTY slider keyboard

a) + b) = Unlimited numer of online games to play! Wuhu MiniClip, NewGrounds and OneMoreLevel - Here I come! :D Time to play some Bubble Trouble =)

What do you guys think about this advantage? :)

Reactions: RPM
Yeah, and I'm not so sure Flash will be fast enough for games on the Droid... I mean maybe. They are designed for the PC with a higher resolution screen and a mouse. I'm curious to see how well this works.

If you really want to talk games with I-Phone users to make them jealous... show them NESoid, SNESoid, Gensoid and Gameboid running at full speed with thousands of top notch games running from some of the best developers in the world and controllable from a physical QWERTY keyboard! Those emulators are something that Apple would probably never allow in their marketplace. Whenever I want to show off my G1 I boot up Super Mario Bros. 3.. and I usually get something like "OMG! No WAY!" in response.

Upvote 0
Yeah, and I'm not so sure Flash will be fast enough for games on the Droid... I mean maybe. They are designed for the PC with a higher resolution screen and a mouse. I'm curious to see how well this works.

If you really want to talk games with I-Phone users to make them jealous... show them NESoid, SNESoid, Gensoid and Gameboid running at full speed with thousands of top notch games running from some of the best developers in the world and controllable from a physical QWERTY keyboard! Those emulators are something that Apple would probably never allow in their marketplace. Whenever I want to show off my G1 I boot up Super Mario Bros. 3.. and I usually get something like "OMG! No WAY!" in response.

HOLY SHIT....you made my day!

Now I TOTALLY can't wait for the DROID!

ZOMG!

Upvote 0
HOLY SHIT....you made my day!

Now I TOTALLY can't wait for the DROID!

ZOMG!

A few months back there was a port of real acrade games like Street Fighter to a rooted Android. The dev loaded up a completely different OS on the hardware but was trying to get it working then on the native hardware. Both Phandroid and YouTube have videos. That is what I am waiting for. It looked amazing.

Upvote 0
A few months back there was a port of real acrade games like Street Fighter to a rooted Android. The dev loaded up a completely different OS on the hardware but was trying to get it working then on the native hardware. Both Phandroid and YouTube have videos. That is what I am waiting for. It looked amazing.

Can't imagine why they couldn't get Mame to emulate on it if NES and SNES etc are. They do have linux ports of mame.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones