Droid games > iPhone games

Last Updated:

1. kasperknop

kasperknop Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If you ever get to argue with an iPhone fanboy he would likely talk about all the good games (aka demos :)) he can download and play (although most people will argue that you don't buy a +200$ device to play games that's only played when your not around a computer, console or NDS anyway... then good old snake might be even just as good)

Here's two features iDont but DroidDoes:

a) Flash support in browsers
    b) QWERTY slider keyboard

a) + b) = Unlimited numer of online games to play! Wuhu MiniClip, NewGrounds and OneMoreLevel - Here I come! :D Time to play some Bubble Trouble =)

What do you guys think about this advantage? :)

Advertisement
    RPM likes this.
  2. gthrift

gthrift Guest

Yeah, but will the Droid have flash out of the box? if not then it doesn't really matter.

3. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

Hero has been the only Flash enabled Android phone to date.
    This will probably not come with it OTB but will get it when Android gets Flash 10 early next year (heres hoping sooner).

4. gthrift

gthrift Guest

And here's hoping flash won't require an update that the Carriers and motorola have to test first.

5. Jacqueline

Jacqueline Well-Known Member

6. MarvinAndroid

MarvinAndroid Well-Known Member

Yeah, and I'm not so sure Flash will be fast enough for games on the Droid... I mean maybe. They are designed for the PC with a higher resolution screen and a mouse. I'm curious to see how well this works.

If you really want to talk games with I-Phone users to make them jealous... show them NESoid, SNESoid, Gensoid and Gameboid running at full speed with thousands of top notch games running from some of the best developers in the world and controllable from a physical QWERTY keyboard! Those emulators are something that Apple would probably never allow in their marketplace. Whenever I want to show off my G1 I boot up Super Mario Bros. 3.. and I usually get something like "OMG! No WAY!" in response.

7. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

If you google mobile flash you will see that the flash they show on an android OS runs an animated movie or web component (like a part of a site with moving words, an intro, etc) just fine, but they don't show games or other more interactive flash sites.

My guess is that this will not open up the flash market for gaming just yet.

8. quixand

quixand Well-Known Member

HOLY SHIT....you made my day!

Now I TOTALLY can't wait for the DROID!

ZOMG!

9. dkaufman1

A few months back there was a port of real acrade games like Street Fighter to a rooted Android. The dev loaded up a completely different OS on the hardware but was trying to get it working then on the native hardware. Both Phandroid and YouTube have videos. That is what I am waiting for. It looked amazing.

10. quixand

quixand Well-Known Member

Can't imagine why they couldn't get Mame to emulate on it if NES and SNES etc are. They do have linux ports of mame.

11. dkaufman1

12. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Well-Known Member

Who might be dead by now?
    Necro much?:D