• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid getting really hot

My Droid was in its leather carrying case in my backpack for about an hour while I was at the gym. When I pulled it out it was hot. Not warm, but hot. I couldn't stand to hold it against my ear to make a call.

When I pulled up the battery usage it did not appear to be anything out of the ordinary. The keyboard was locked when I pulled it out of the case so that eliminates errant keypresses opening up a bunch of apps and making calls while it was in there.

Has anyone experienced their Droid getting hot?

does your leather pouch have a magnet? if so, it may be on the whole time. when you looked at the battery use, what was using most of your battery?

My pouch does not have a magnet. I am using: This Case

Voice calls was 33% of my battery usage. Seems odd, but I took it off the charger about an hour and half prior to noticing the heat and was on a 10 minute call and missed 2 calls while it was in bag so it makes sense because I was doing nothing else.

Upvote 0
*I just keep waiting for someone to link this problem with the guy who wants to talk dirty and no one is biting! I DON'T want to be the one to do this!*

LOL!

lol

I was doing this mentally too. It was like, wow, there sure are a lot of racy posts about the droid lately.
icon14.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones