• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Droid" NOTIFICATION sound for HTC Incredible.

Unluckily for me I got the Incredible and it doesn't have the Droid sound for notifications. I need the simplest form of instructions to get this. *note - I have downloaded it to my music, so I do have an MP3 of it. I tried the help of a previous post( by creating multiple files in my phone docs and renaming a link that was given) but I could not rename it when I right-clicked. So any help?

I am assuming that you are trying to do this using your PC so here's a simple way.
Create a folder on your SD card named Ringtones and copy the droid mp3 to the folder. That folder is not protected so you should be able to rename the file to whatever you want to call it. When you remount the SD card the mp3 will appear in your list of ringtones.
Creating a folder called Notifications on your SD card and following the same procedure will allow you to use it as a notification for calendar events etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones