• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Problem quick launch and Home button and bookmarks

vilhelm

Lurker
Feb 17, 2010
Hello all this is my first post as a Droid user, coming from a BB Curve. Have had about a month with my Motorola Droid and am running into several problems that are a pain.

1. The phone seems to load the corp calendar, gmail, settings, messaging, alarm clock everytime I slide the phone to ON. I have gone into the Quick launch and turned off everything but it is useless. So how do I turn off the quick launches so I don't eat up so many resources.

2. The HOME button obviously has a mind of its own and usually take 3 or 4 touches before it activates and sends me back home. This is especially true if I am on-line or in my gmail. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix or is this related to the resource issue?

3. The *&*&##$$ bookmarks float. Whenever I open one web site from my BM's it shifts the position of all of the other of my BM's. What is the use of a BM if the OS is going to bounce them around. Idiot design as for as I am concerned. I down loaded the app 'BookmarksBR' and it organizes my bookmarks in BookmarksBR but not in the browser. Suggestions and help would be appreciated.

4. Other than being slow at times I 'think' I like it better than the BB but jury is still out. Is there any word on OS updates.

Thanks to all for your help

Vilhelm

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones