• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Username

Lurker
May 28, 2011
Hello all, this is my first post, so go easy on me if this was already posted or is in the wrong thread. I have a problem with my Motorola Droid. It's about 2 years old. I took it out of my pocket last night and the bottom 20% of the screen was skewed and had strange colors. I took the battery out, let it sit for 30 minutes, and replaced it. When I turn it on, the screen is backlit and the buttons and keyboard light up. Problem is, I can't do the factory reset because my power button fell off about 8 months ago. It's also out of warranty because it got slightly wet right around this time last year. Is there any other way to do a reset? There seems to be a button next to where the SD card goes in the battery area. Does anyone know the function of this? Anyway, thanks in advance, hope you guys can help.

If you look in the hole where the power button was, you should see a gold or silver color round bump. That is the real power button, the plastic piece just pushes on that. You can take a ball point pen (use medium) and gently push on that to turn on. Make sure you push straight down and not at an angle as this 'button' is just taped on with a small piece of tape. At this age, that tape is pretty weak, so it you pushed it at an angle, it will come off.

Hello all, this is my first post, so go easy on me if this was already posted or is in the wrong thread. I have a problem with my Motorola Droid. It's about 2 years old. I took it out of my pocket last night and the bottom 20% of the screen was skewed and had strange colors. I took the battery out, let it sit for 30 minutes, and replaced it. When I turn it on, the screen is backlit and the buttons and keyboard light up. Problem is, I can't do the factory reset because my power button fell off about 8 months ago. It's also out of warranty because it got slightly wet right around this time last year. Is there any other way to do a reset? There seems to be a button next to where the SD card goes in the battery area. Does anyone know the function of this? Anyway, thanks in advance, hope you guys can help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones