Droid remembers my WAP but won't connectSupport

Last Updated:

1. abaum

abaum New Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone having problems with Wifi? In my case, my Motorola Droid remembers my access point, but can't connect. I have to "forget" and add it back.

adam

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

It happened to me just once ... I think it was right after the 2.0.1 update. Hasn't happened since.

3. gentlefury

gentlefury Well-Known Member

I've had an issue where I have to actually go into network settings and tell it to connect...but it never forgets the settings.

4. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

I have that issue every now and then. It never forgets my home network....but doesn't connect. But then when I go into settings -> wireless and networks -> wifi settings....It immediately starts to connect without me actually having to select my home network.

Oh well.....I can live with it
    :)

5. dys07

dys07 Active Member

happened to me all the time, wish i knew how to remedy the issue :/ ... i rarely use it now.

6. justjosh

justjosh Member

Download the app "wifi buddy" its free and it like automatically connects you to access points and stuff it is pretty cool try it out.

7. sethschaffner

sethschaffner New Member

My droid refuses to connect to a certain network, my house wifi.
    The droid remembers the network, tries to connect, fails, then starts over. It does this until I turn off the wifi. Does anyone know what could cause a specific network to be not be connectable?

I have a droid HTC EVO 4G
    The router is a D-link DIR-615
    I created a name and security passcode for it.
    I tried restarting everything.
    Any info on which channels the droid prefers or what 802.11 setting to put the router on would be helpful.

8. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Is the one it will not connect to a wireless N WAP? Droid cannot do N.

9. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

Why yes, it would be . . . Droid is also not terribly fond of blocked SSID with WPA2.

10. johnlgalt

No, it is not lol.

I had to downgrade my Wireless N router to do both N and G (and thus eliminate dual band approach on this particular router) b/c my DROID will not connect to the N at all.

I'm worried that newer phones that support N still will not be able to use the 5 GH band, too....

11. allanlaw

allanlaw Well-Known Member

Is it possible to leave the radio going in the N router and bridge it via ethernet to a G router just for the Droid?

12. johnlgalt

Hmmm, by bridge, I assume you mean to use a wired bridge? Sure. You can even disable DHCP on the G Router so that the DROID gets a G signal but gets the IP from the N router.

I opted to make my router go dual band b/c the room I am in is where it is located- the G router I was going to place in another room farther away - and it was at night, and I had 2 hops to go through.

In the end, the reception of the N router doing double time as N and G is sufficient enough in my bedroom and throughout the house that I didn't need to establish a second router.