Droid with non-corporate OutlookSupport

Last Updated:

1. davesuff

davesuff New Member This Topic's Starter

My wife bought a Droid X at Verizon today. :) She specifically asked if it would sync with her Outlook 2003 calendar (not a corporate Exchange server) and was told that Yes - it would. What they neglected to mention was that she would need to purchase a software package to do so. :mad: Does anyone know of a freeware package that works? I found a $40 package, but would rather not pay for this if I don't have to. Not having problems with email - just the calendar. She does NOT want to use the Google calendar. Thanks!!!

I accidentally posted this earlier, stating Outlook Express, which was incorrect - it is the full Outlook from Microsoft Office.

Advertisement
  2. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

Ok so she doesn't want to use the calendar but if she would like to she can have the google calendar sync with her calendar in outlook try this out

3. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

+1. the best way is to sync outlook with GMail. you wont find a better way for free.

4. companionlink

companionlink Well-Known Member

5. spile

spile Well-Known Member

+1 for Google Calendar sync for me - you don't even need to use the google calendar as it is happy just holding the calendar so you can access with your Android or Desktop PC.
    If you want a free sync tool, I can recommend MyPhoneExplorer which I use to sync contacts and so far it has been very reliable.

6. doctorbabe

doctorbabe Active Member

+1 to what others have said. Google calendar sync is the quick, easy, free way to go. However, I've had a problem with it failing to synch certain events in my Outlook to the Google calendar. I've done quite a bit of research on the web to try to identify what's causing the failure but there doesn't seem to be any one single cause, and all the fixes I've tried have failed. So although the product is generally good, it's not perfect in my experience.