• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid with non-corporate Outlook

davesuff

Lurker
Oct 22, 2010
My wife bought a Droid X at Verizon today. :) She specifically asked if it would sync with her Outlook 2003 calendar (not a corporate Exchange server) and was told that Yes - it would. What they neglected to mention was that she would need to purchase a software package to do so. :mad: Does anyone know of a freeware package that works? I found a $40 package, but would rather not pay for this if I don't have to. Not having problems with email - just the calendar. She does NOT want to use the Google calendar. Thanks!!!

I accidentally posted this earlier, stating Outlook Express, which was incorrect - it is the full Outlook from Microsoft Office.

+1 for Google Calendar sync for me - you don't even need to use the google calendar as it is happy just holding the calendar so you can access with your Android or Desktop PC.
If you want a free sync tool, I can recommend MyPhoneExplorer which I use to sync contacts and so far it has been very reliable.

Upvote 0
+1 to what others have said. Google calendar sync is the quick, easy, free way to go. However, I've had a problem with it failing to synch certain events in my Outlook to the Google calendar. I've done quite a bit of research on the web to try to identify what's causing the failure but there doesn't seem to be any one single cause, and all the fixes I've tried have failed. So although the product is generally good, it's not perfect in my experience.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones