• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid won't boot past Cyanogen boot screen

Studog8

Lurker
Jul 8, 2010
Hi everyone,

I hope someone out there can help me because I am not sure what I should do next with my problem.

I went to reboot my Droid because it was lagging a little and when it came back on it go stuck at the Cyanogen boot screen. I pulled the battery, put it back in and held the X to boot in recovery and my recovery won't come up either. It just skips right to the Motorola M and if it doesn't get stuck there it goes back to the Cyanogen screen.

I haven't made any changes to the phone at all so I am completely puzzled on why this is happening. I obviously can't take it back to Verizon since its rooted so if there is a way to fix this I really want to because I love my phone and my wife will kill me if it is screwed up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

By cyanogen screen do you mean the boot animation? Is the boot animation just boot looping or is it just frozen? Sounds like you might need to rsd lite a sbf. It is not that hard at all and can be found in everything root thread. If you hold up on the d-pad on power up can you get the boot loader screen?

if you flash with rsd lite makes sure you have a charged battery and read EVERYTHING carefully BEFORE you attempt it. Do not skip any steps.

Upvote 0
Not sure I can post the link on these forums but just google how to unroot the motorola droid with rsdlite. There are many videos and tutorials with all the links the stock droid sbf. file, motorola drivers, rsdlite program. These are the basc tools needed. You will also need a pc running Windows.

I would remind you that if you can solve your problem any other way then I WOULD. Now I didn't say that to scare you as I have flashed with rsdlite many times without a problem. So read all the instructions first and make sure you follow them exactly.

The sbf file you flash might not be the most recent but that doesn't matter because you can easily update or reroot anyways.

Reactions: silentarts
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones