• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X fix display through file folders via laptop

family coach

Mar 20, 2022
Droid X worked fine for years de-activated, using wi-fi; but now display showing only bands of light randomly. Windows 10 pc via USB can mount it as storage device. Any way to fix the display via the laptop? Factory data reset doesn't work by pressing power and home buttons. Phone doesn't seem to shut down. thanks!

By the way, a very workable device can be had for ~$40 at Wal-Mart.

I have a small collection of devices that I have purchased just to use over Wi-Fi and never bought service for.

On the other hand, you could purchase yourself another good device to carry and use what you are using now as a new device for Wi-Fi.
Thank you all! just saved me from wastin more time. Still have a working Droid from ~2008; get attached to them. Strange; but when they go, they go

thanks for the Wal-Mart tip; will chek that out! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones