Droid X has same reception problem as iPhone 4?

Last Updated:

1. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so get this...after getting out of seeing "Inception" tonight (great movie BTW), my friend who is an Apple addict (an Apple employee fanboy who lives off every word from Steve Jobs' mouth) said Steve Jobs took another phone on stage in some press conference and in an attempt to make the iPhone's antenna issue less drastic, tried to reproduce the effect on a different phone. Apparently he did it (that's what my friend said, I haven't seen the video).

So, my friend wants to try it out with my Droid X, and knowing the result, I let him have at it. Well, he can't do it, so he asks me to help cover the bottom of the phone. I am laughing on the inside at this point and go to help him. We literally sat there holding the phone for about a minute and a half, and no reception loss at all. I am now desperately trying to hold in my laughter.

He then proceeds for the rest of the night trying to convince me that the iPhone is better....check out this convo (I will bold my parts...).

"I just like the size of the iPhone better..." --Cool Bro

"If Verizon gets the iPhone, the service will crash hard." Ok, awesome.

And so on and so forth...although he did say that the resolution on this phone is amazing and the camera quality is insane.

Moral of the story...no, other phones do not have the same antenna issue as the iFail 4.

Advertisement
    Shuck14, jroc and joshstine10 like this.
  2. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

Jealous much? Maybe he can't accept the fact that android pwns apple ;)

3. HalfFrozen

HalfFrozen Well-Known Member

Sheep will be sheep. Unfortunate thing really..

4. ThreeDog

ThreeDog Well-Known Member

these apple fanboys are even worse than the sony fanboys.
    seriously these fools just crack me up.

you know what, i had a iphone 3gs it was crap i eventually sold it and bought something much more useful, a new shotgun.

5. T66T

T66T Well-Known Member

other phones do in fact have the same antenna problem as the iphone 4. one of those phones is our beloved droid eris. however, the droid x does not

6. tbert

tbert Well-Known Member

7. tats_06

tats_06 Well-Known Member

bs...reception is awesome on DX ;)

8. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

My phone continually stays at 3 or 4 bars even if I put both of my hands on it and trying to cover up every side. I'm not exactly sure how credible that video is, but I would have to wait for further reports. So far from these forums... there hasn't been complaints about people dropping calls, losing call quality by holding it a certain way, and so forth.

9. tats_06

tats_06 Well-Known Member

Vihzel..I agree with you...Overall, there haven't been many complaints at all...Most common are screen issues/dead pixels and wifi...I haven't seen others. I hope it keeps going this way...We may have a very successful launch. :)

10. Android_LIFE

Android_LIFE Well-Known Member

My reception with the Droid X has been unbelievably good.
    I am staying the nite over at a relative's house where I normally get 1 bar or no service at all with a Storm AND Incredible.
    A full signal is 4 bars on DROID X.
    In this weak area, I am getting 3 bars or a full signal!!!!
    This phone is simply amazing!!!
    No matter how I hold it...

11. ratchetjaw

ratchetjaw Well-Known Member

No comparison. I had and sent back the iPhone 4 cause of dropped calls. The droid X gets great reception so did/does the Incredible. The only good thing about the 4 over the previous iPhones was the new camera and screen

12. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

HAHA the isheep are a questionable crowd...... matter over mind with them really.

The biggest ignorant fanboy of them all is steve jobs. so the isheep actually follow their leader quite well.

Can somebody please answer me why Jobsy compared the itouvh4 to the droid eris and the bb9700?

Wtf? what happened jobsy? scared to line up the itouch4 against the droid x and the evo?

"the phone is not broken and doesnt drop calls, but here is free bumper so you dont lose signal"- steve jobs to the isheep

you be the judge, i have no wool over my eyes and i can see through this like it was made of crystal

13. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I never had that problem with my Eris. In fact, I tested it out while i streamed the apple conference yesterday. I thought maybe I just didn't notice it, but on my desk, 3 bars and when i picked it up, 3 bars. I do get better reception on my Droid X though. Not sure if that had anything to do with the "signal bug" or not but I do notice better reception.

14. T66T

T66T Well-Known Member

15. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

My friend has the iPhone 4 and climbs to tops of buildings to yell about how great his iPhone 4 is. My first call was him calling me telling me I was stupid for getting the X and I should take it back right away.

I've had an iPhone for the past 2 years and LOVED it. Hated the service provider though. I have yet to have a bad call signal, a dropped call, or be in an area where I can't get service. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the X and am so happy I didn't get the iPhone 4....

So to answer your question, no, I haven't seen mine have the same problem :)

16. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

17. verdegallardo

verdegallardo Well-Known Member

No reception problems here at all!

18. ghotiblue

ghotiblue New Member

some phones (such as those in the videos posted by apple) may lose signal when you wrap your entire hand around them, but nobody holds the phone that way when they're talking. the issue with the iphone is that all you have to do is cover the strip on the side, which is very common when holding the phone normally, especially if you're left handed.

19. BringTheRain403

BringTheRain403 Well-Known Member

20. damstr

damstr Well-Known Member

Denial...its not just a river in Egypt. Lol

21. Eryl Flynn

Eryl Flynn Well-Known Member

Maybe he should have gone into the menus and seen the actuall reception in Db, much more accurate. Or maybe find an app that reports it and logs it.

22. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

Liar! God...I mean Steve Jobs said they all do....or at least the ones he brought up on stage. What SJ doesn't get though is if you have bad antenna and a bad carrier you will have a bad experience.

BTW the X has two antennas one in the camera hump and one at the bottom. Did you friend cover both? :rolleyes:

23. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

He needs to simulate the incoming call and see if it drops. There's iphone test where they touch the metal frame, and the calls actually drop.

I still call bs. I can't simulate anything that little kid is doing. We also don't know if he stuffed his tinfoil hat under battery to make this up.

24. Ryath

Ryath Active Member

iSheep gotta strike fast. Like their beloved leader, if they can blame it on something else or say another current phone has the same issue, they can feel better at the end of the day.

25. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Someone pointed out that the kid's droid x was damaged before the video was shot :D:D