Droid X Internal MemorySupport

Last Updated:

1. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I've slightly confused (I pulled the tab out, what do you expect?). Droid Xs have 8gb of internal storage and 16gb (at the time of purchase) of external storage on the micro SD card. I've managed to stuff that external with MP3 but realize I have more memory internal but can't figure out how to address it. If it's for apps only then I'm further confused because I thought the Droid X only has 700+Mb for app storage, leaving the remaining 7gb for something. What is that something and how can I use it?

Maybe the 700+Mb limit was just a rumor and we have the whole stinking thing for apps.

Advertisement
  2. thenew3

thenew3 Well-Known Member

I think if one manages to download ever app in the app market, (all 100k of them) then maybe they can fill up that 8gb internal storage.

On a more serious note, I'm curious as to how we can take advantage of that storage space as well. anyone?

3. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

most of the stock apps should be able to access it, alot of apps from the market have not been fixed to address internal storage yet.

I use it for my pictures/videos on the Dinc, its way way faster than a SD card so the camera is much snappier, as well as the photos app.

SscoootzZ likes this.
  4. Kator1

Kator1 New Member

how do i change my camera to store on my internal memory?

5. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

you can't. Internal memory is for apps only. Once we get all the full benifits from rooting, we might find a way to access this for whatever we want. but right now its just not happening

hemmadroid likes this.
  6. SirKronan

SirKronan Well-Known Member

Edit.... Darn.

I can copy stuff out of internal folders, but not back into them. Grrrr.... I tried!

7. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

That's because the system folder is read only unless you root and change permissions;)

8. Capeguy

Capeguy Well-Known Member

I just switched from the Dinc to the DX. On the Dinc, the stock player as well as Doubletwist let you store music on the internal memory.

The fact that you have 8gb of essentially wasted space on the DX really burns me.

9. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I've got mixed feelings on the internal 8GB being wasted space. I agree that I'd like to use it for media (music, movies, etc.) but I watch my buddy with an EVO complaining that he has no more room for apps and has to move them onto his SD card. With the DX it would be hard to fill that internal space with apps.

So wasted? Maybe. But it ensures we never have to worry about moving apps around.